Visual FoxPro v3.0b y WIN 3.X MESSAGEBOX (I need help)
Author Message
 Visual FoxPro v3.0b y WIN 3.X MESSAGEBOX (I need help)

Hi. I'm having problems with an application developed in VFP 3.0b.
When I run the application inside the VFP environment, the functions like
MESSAGEBOX, GETFILE, REPORT ... PROMPT, work correctly. But when I build
the application to .EXE these functions do not work as they should. The
mouse prompt moves across the window but when I click over any option the
computer does not responde. Also does not respond the keyboard when I press
the F10 key, it seems like those windows were some place in the screen but
they are not visible. All of this happens when I call these functions
within a form.

My working environment is :

Machine: Pentium (Compatible)
Memory: 16 Mb.
Hard Disk: 2.1 Gb.
Video:VGA

Software:
DOS: 6.22
WINDOWS: 3.1
LAN: NOVEL 4.1
VFP: 3.0b

I have written a very simple aplication with a main.prg as follows

*:**************************************************************************
****
*: Archivo de procedimiento MAIN.PRG
*: Documentado mediante la versin del Asistente para formato de Visual
FoxPro  .03
*:**************************************************************************
****
*:   MAIN.PRG

SET PROCEDURE TO prueba

*--- Maximizamos la ventana principal
_screen.windowstate = 2

*--- Dentro del procedimiento prueba tenemos una invocacin a la funcin
*--- Inside the procedure PRUEBA we execute the function MESSAGEBOX()
*--- wath that it works with no problem

=prueba("Esta es una llamada al procedimiento prueba",16+0,"Prueba")

*--- After this we call the form MAIN. It shows the form and inside the
form
*--- we have two command buttons, the first one trigger the function
MESSAGEBOX()
*--- the other one finish the tiny appl. When you push the first button, it
seems that the function
*--- MESSAGEBOX() doesn't work, after that line I have put a WAIT WINDOW
command.

DO FORM test

READ EVENTS
RETURN

* C:\BORRAME\PRUEBA.PRG
*:****************************************************************
*: Archivo de procedimientoC:\BORRAME\PRUEBA.PRG
*: Documentado mediante la versin del Asistente para formato de Visual
FoxPro  .03
*:**************************************************************************
****
*:   prueba
PARAMETERS pcMensaje, pnTipo, pnTitulo

*--- This MESSAGEBOX() works fine
RETURN MESSAGEBOX(pcMensaje, pnTipo, pnTitulo)

****** * C:\BORRAME\TEST.SCX
NAME = "Dataenvironment"
DOCREATE = .T.
AUTOCENTER = .T.
CAPTION = "Test"
NAME = "Test"
TOP = 150
LEFT = 140
HEIGHT = 29
WIDTH = 94
CAPTION = "Salir"
DEFAULT = .T.
TABINDEX = 3
TERMINATEREAD = .T.
NAME = "Command1"
PROCEDURE CLICK
        THISFORM.RELEASE
        CLEAR EVENTS
ENDPROC
TOP = 57
LEFT = 140
HEIGHT = 29
WIDTH = 94
CAPTION = "Test"
TABINDEX = 2
NAME = "Command2"
PROCEDURE CLICK
        lnResultado = messagebox("Esta es una prueba",16+0,"Prueba")
        WAIT WINDOW "Ya se ejecuto el comando messagebox"
ENDPROC
CAPTION = "Presiona primero el botn TEST"
HEIGHT = 18
LEFT = 73
TOP = 24
WIDTH = 229
TABINDEX = 1
NAME = "Label1"

I have run the application with the command FILE\RUN in the menu from
manager program, the application shows the main window, then shows the form
TEST. Also I have genereted the distribution disks and instaled in a
machine with no VFP installed and it happend the same.

I hope with this information someone can help me. It's very important.

Thank You.

Ricardo Girn
J. Walter Thompson Peruana

Mon, 03 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual FoxPro v3.0 licensing question

2. Opening Databases In Visual Foxpro V3.0

3. SetFocus problem with v3.0b

4. VP V3.0b What did they fix?

5. Need help - Foxpro/Visual Basic connection

6. Visual FoxPro 6.0 - help needed!!

7. Help needed with GENPD.APP and Visual FoxPro

8. Need help creating Fox 2.5 table via MS Visual FoxPro ODBC driver

9. need help controlling modem from within visual foxpro

10. Need Urgent Help with Visual FoxPro Report!

11. CONFIG.FPW and Win NT v3.5

12. I Need Help with Visual FoxPro Triggers!