Adapter Class Not Updating Data On Server Side
Author Message
 Adapter Class Not Updating Data On Server Side

Is anyone using AdapterClass yet?  Anyway, after working
with it for several hours, I now have it working.  Code
below:

oCursor = CREATEOBJECT( "CursorAdapter" )
oCursor.Alias              = "Emp"
oCursor.DataSourceType     = "ODBC"
oCursor.DataSource         = gnCH
oCursor.SelectCmd          = "SELECT * FROM tbl_Emp"
oCursor.KeyFieldList       = "nssn"
oCursor.Tables             = "tbl_Emp"
oCursor.UpdatableFieldList
= "nssn,cfirst_name,clast_name,dbirth"
oCursor.UpdateNameList     = "nssn
tbl_Emp.nssn,cfirst_name tbl_Emp.cfirst_name,clast_name
tbl_Emp.clast_name,dbirth tbl_Emp.dbirth"
oCursor.CursorSchema       = "nssn c(9),cfirst_name c
(20),clast_name c(20),dbirth D"
oCursor.WhereType          = 1
oCursor.AllowDelete        = .T.
oCursor.AllowInsert        = .T.
oCursor.AllowUpdate        = .T.
oCursor.SendUpdates        = .T.

oCursor.CursorFill( .T., .F. )

*!*  Budget Administration System
*!*
*!*  Developed Using Visual FoxPro (7 Years Ago)
*!*
*!*  Same Code, Runs on
*!*    * DB2
*!*    * Oracle
*!*    * Sybase
*!*    * And Now SQL Server!!!

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 09:37:09 GMT
 Adapter Class Not Updating Data On Server Side
Go to http://www.mctweeedle.com and click the FoxPro Tools link. I have 2
downloads that will help you with CursorAdapters. Both have complete source
code and are free. I also recommend you read the comments at the beginning
of the CursorAdapter VCX Builder PRG file after you download it.

Mark

Quote:
> Is anyone using AdapterClass yet?  Anyway, after working
> with it for several hours, I now have it working.  Code
> below:

> oCursor = CREATEOBJECT( "CursorAdapter" )
> oCursor.Alias              = "Emp"
> oCursor.DataSourceType     = "ODBC"
> oCursor.DataSource         = gnCH
> oCursor.SelectCmd          = "SELECT * FROM tbl_Emp"
> oCursor.KeyFieldList       = "nssn"
> oCursor.Tables             = "tbl_Emp"
> oCursor.UpdatableFieldList
> = "nssn,cfirst_name,clast_name,dbirth"
> oCursor.UpdateNameList     = "nssn
> tbl_Emp.nssn,cfirst_name tbl_Emp.cfirst_name,clast_name
> tbl_Emp.clast_name,dbirth tbl_Emp.dbirth"
> oCursor.CursorSchema       = "nssn c(9),cfirst_name c
> (20),clast_name c(20),dbirth D"
> oCursor.WhereType          = 1
> oCursor.AllowDelete        = .T.
> oCursor.AllowInsert        = .T.
> oCursor.AllowUpdate        = .T.
> oCursor.SendUpdates        = .T.

> oCursor.CursorFill( .T., .F. )

> *!*  Budget Administration System
> *!*
> *!*  Developed Using Visual FoxPro (7 Years Ago)
> *!*
> *!*  Same Code, Runs on
> *!*    * DB2
> *!*    * Oracle
> *!*    * Sybase
> *!*    * And Now SQL Server!!!

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:16:56 GMT

1. Data not updating between data sessions

2. VFP 8.0 - Adapter Class

3. Classes / Data Scope / Ole Server Question

4. Help - How to update data to SQL Server

5. best way to update data to SQL Server with remote views

6. Sqlexec and updating server data

7. VFP5 - SQL Server data update

8. Cursor update not committed to SQL Server

9. Print fields on there left-side, right-side or upside-down

10. VFP7 and VFP8 side-by-side?

11. 2 cursor results displayed side by side

12. Printing fields on left-side,right-side, upside-down