Color Highlighting terms in a text box
Author Message
 Color Highlighting terms in a text box

Does anybody know how to highlight multiple terms in a
text field in foxpro 2.6?

I have an application which involves a search on an index
of a memo field and would like to highlight all occurences
of each term when browsing the records.

Thanks!

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 02:29:53 GMT
 Color Highlighting terms in a text box
No can do in 2.6.  Even in VFP, it requires the use of the RichText ActiveX
control.
--

Fred
Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP

Quote:

> Does anybody know how to highlight multiple terms in a
> text field in foxpro 2.6?

> I have an application which involves a search on an index
> of a memo field and would like to highlight all occurences
> of each term when browsing the records.

> Thanks!

---

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:42:01 GMT
 Color Highlighting terms in a text box
Thanks, Fred.

I did see a 2.6 app do this, although it may have called
an external application.  I don't believe that the
developer called an external app for this, but you never
know.  Did the rich text control work with 2.6 FPW?
Forgive my ignorance as I am new to FoxPro and had an old
application dumped on me.  I have used the rich text
control with other dev apps, though, but only in 32-bit
environments.  I think FPW does OLE, maybe the developer
used a WinWord object and dumped text into it and
programmatically highlighted it, but that's just a guess.

Quote:

2/25/2003

>.

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:44:09 GMT
 Color Highlighting terms in a text box
There may have been a special .FLL file available that could handle RichText
for 2.6, but I don't know of any.  FPW still doesn't do OLE, but it could do
DDE, as clunky as that used to be.  That may have been the way it was
handled, too.

--

Fred
Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
Please respond only to the newsgroups so that all may benefit.

Quote:

> Thanks, Fred.

> I did see a 2.6 app do this, although it may have called
> an external application.  I don't believe that the
> developer called an external app for this, but you never
> know.  Did the rich text control work with 2.6 FPW?
> Forgive my ignorance as I am new to FoxPro and had an old
> application dumped on me.  I have used the rich text
> control with other dev apps, though, but only in 32-bit
> environments.  I think FPW does OLE, maybe the developer
> used a WinWord object and dumped text into it and
> programmatically highlighted it, but that's just a guess.

---

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:10:26 GMT
 Color Highlighting terms in a text box
Mark,

Mark up the text as html and display it in an instance of their browser. In
VFP you could display the html in a web browser control right on the form
itself.

--
df - Microsoft MVP FoxPro http://www.geocities.com/df_foxpro

Quote:
> Does anybody know how to highlight multiple terms in a
> text field in foxpro 2.6?

> I have an application which involves a search on an index
> of a memo field and would like to highlight all occurences
> of each term when browsing the records.

> Thanks!

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 03:13:00 GMT

1. Highlighted Text Box (using get)

2. Color control for listbox and text box

3. Different colored text in a list box in FPW26

4. Highlighting text after text search

5. Utility to convert 2 digit year text boxes into 4 year digit text boxes

6. How to change highlight color in grid object?

7. Hi-color: No focus box on check boxes / radio buttons

8. Wrapping text in a text box?

9. Rich Text Box - creating text

10. Large Text box in Report from text file??

11. Highlighted text?

12. FPW2.6 highlighting memo text