Appending from a record and replacing any entrys that match in a certain field
Author Message
 Appending from a record and replacing any entrys that match in a certain field

How do I Append from a record and replacing any entrys that match in a
certain field and add all records that don't match in that field

ie I have comm1.dbf and comm2.dbf and they match at custnbr = 456

Sun, 01 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Appending from a record and replacing any entrys that match in a certain field
Hi Eric,

Does this work for you:

SELECT * FROM Comm2 WHERE Custnbr<>456 INTO CURSOR Temp

SELECT 0
USE Comm1
APPEND FROM DBF('Temp')

Best regards,
Tom

Quote:
> How do I Append from a record and replacing any entrys that match in a
> certain field and add all records that don't match in that field

> ie I have comm1.dbf and comm2.dbf and they match at custnbr = 456

Sun, 01 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. appending data to a database with non-matching fields

2. results: Filtering no-match record/field (SELECT-SQL)

3. Append records with different field names...

4. Remote view field defs WILL NOT match table field defs

5. Problem repositioning record point to end of grid when appending records

6. Mirroring certain records to a remote location

7. Using SQL SELECT to count certain records

8. How to show only certain records in a grid

9. Lock a certain record !!!

10. Grid Record Pointer Repositioning Problem When Appending Records.

11. replace table1.field with table2.field

12. Place Cursor in certain field when editing form