Dynamically Deploying Packages
Author Message
 Dynamically Deploying Packages

I am new to MTS and have read the documentation extensively.  We are
developing a VFP/VB distributed system.  MTS looks like it works well in
practice, but I am concerned about the level of effort to set up MTS,
specifically configuring and deploying the packages.  This is how I
understand it.

To deploy packages to Win95/Win98 clients (not running MTS), you use the
application executable utility to create deployable packages (.exe).  When
creating these deployable packages, you MUST specify the server name.  This
requires that you either: a) create the packages at the customers MTS
server, or b) create the packages in advance with knowledge of the customers
destination server name(s). You then go around to every computer and install
these deployable packages on each machine.

I see no way to a) specify the server name at time of installation on client
machine, or b) "push" the packages down from the MTS server to the client
machines.

I realize there is lots of programming support to programattically
accomplish all of what can be peformed in the MTS Explorer.  Is there a way
to accomplish this through MTS Explorer, programming, or brute force?

Thanks.

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamically Deploying Packages
Hi,
am facing this problem too.
I followed ur suggestion but wasnot able to deduce the combination that
generates the inf.

any help please.

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Deploying a form

2. Deploying VFP application as MSI for dotnet

3. VFP8 application deployed with SetupFactory

4. Security with deploying app

5. Updating deployed database

6. Updating a deployed table

7. How to deploy a VFP7 application

8. Error deploying a VFP 7.0 program.

9. Deploying VFP COM - Foxisapi

10. Deploying a Form

11. How to deploy .OCX ?

12. How to distribute/deploy VFP 7 application ?