dropdown combo valid routine
Author Message
 dropdown combo valid routine

I create a dropdown combobox using a select * from authors
to fill the list. I can type "Fred" in the textbox protion
and tab to another field. Fred stays in the display value
of the box. Yes this is what I want to happen.

I the add logic to the valid routine, it can just be a
single line comment, no code.

Now, When I enter "Fred" into the box it disappears.

Why is it when i code a valid event in a dropdown combo my
display value disappears. If I have no valid routine it
stays.

Note that "Fred" is not in the original list from the
select * from authors

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 00:54:31 GMT
 dropdown combo valid routine
Hi David:

I tried to reproduce this in Visual FoxPro 6.0 SP5 and 7.0 SP1.  I did not
see the problem you report.  When I add a value not in the combo box and
move off the field, the value remains in the combo box. The combo had
information in the Valid and a SELECT-SQL populates the object.

Maybe the form is corrupt.  Have you tried issuing a COMPILE FORM command
to recompile the form?

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

I create a dropdown combobox using a select * from authors
to fill the list. I can type "Fred" in the textbox protion
and tab to another field. Fred stays in the display value
of the box. Yes this is what I want to happen.

I the add logic to the valid routine, it can just be a
single line comment, no code.

Now, When I enter "Fred" into the box it disappears.

Why is it when i code a valid event in a dropdown combo my
display value disappears. If I have no valid routine it
stays.

Note that "Fred" is not in the original list from the
select * from authors

Wed, 07 Sep 2005 00:13:40 GMT
 dropdown combo valid routine
Hi David!

Quote:
> I the add logic to the valid routine, it can just be a
> single line comment, no code.

> Now, When I enter "Fred" into the box it disappears.

Are you using the native Combobox control? Or is it
some class with some code in the valid event that
saves a new tyed in value?

Perhaps a DODEFAULT() in the valid event could help
then.

Bye, Olaf.

Thu, 15 Sep 2005 03:33:01 GMT

1. Combo Box with style property set to dropdown combo

2. Valid Routines On Forms Running VFP

3. Simple DropDown/Combo Object Question

4. Dropdown combo - typed value not saved

5. Selecting item from dropdown combo box

6. dropdown combo boxes

7. Invalid Page Fault : combo (dropdown list) refresh method ?

8. Launching combo box dropdown on entry

9. How to programmatically dropdown a combo?

10. Problems with Dropdown Combos...

11. Dropdown List/Combo

12. Dropdown Combo Question