How to deploy .OCX ?
Author Message
 How to deploy .OCX ?

Hello to you,
I'm uisng vfp7

In my application contained some acticex control (ocx)
How to deploy it ?

Please show me the easy way.
Because I usually depoloy my application by hand.
Never uisng installshield or inno setup

Please tell me its logic to deploy ocx, so I can do it manually

best regards
steven

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 03:22:28 GMT
 How to deploy .OCX ?
You may have to use something to register your ocx (Like installshield).
Just copying it won't do.

Quote:
> Hello to you,
> I'm uisng vfp7

> In my application contained some acticex control (ocx)
> How to deploy it ?

> Please show me the easy way.
> Because I usually depoloy my application by hand.
> Never uisng installshield or inno setup

> Please tell me its logic to deploy ocx, so I can do it manually

> best regards
> steven

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:59:10 GMT
 How to deploy .OCX ?
Hello

normally they are the ocx's are selfregistering (not automatically, but the
information ist stored in the ocx, or dll)

just copy to WinNT\System32 ( Win95/98/ME \System ) and register them with
"regsvr32.exe -i C:\WinNT\System\yourocx.ocx"

Regards

Christian

Quote:
> You may have to use something to register your ocx (Like installshield).
> Just copying it won't do.

> > Hello to you,
> > I'm uisng vfp7

> > In my application contained some acticex control (ocx)
> > How to deploy it ?

> > Please show me the easy way.
> > Because I usually depoloy my application by hand.
> > Never uisng installshield or inno setup

> > Please tell me its logic to deploy ocx, so I can do it manually

> > best regards
> > steven

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:00:24 GMT
 How to deploy .OCX ?
Of course that is providing he has regsvr32.exe on the client's system.

Quote:
> Hello

> normally they are the ocx's are selfregistering (not automatically, but
the
> information ist stored in the ocx, or dll)

> just copy to WinNT\System32 ( Win95/98/ME \System ) and register them with
> "regsvr32.exe -i C:\WinNT\System\yourocx.ocx"

> Regards

> Christian

> > You may have to use something to register your ocx (Like installshield).
> > Just copying it won't do.

> > > Hello to you,
> > > I'm uisng vfp7

> > > In my application contained some acticex control (ocx)
> > > How to deploy it ?

> > > Please show me the easy way.
> > > Because I usually depoloy my application by hand.
> > > Never uisng installshield or inno setup

> > > Please tell me its logic to deploy ocx, so I can do it manually

> > > best regards
> > > steven

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:05:39 GMT
 How to deploy .OCX ?
Hello Mike

isn't the regsvr32 part of every Windows "Distribution" ?

Regards

Christian

Quote:
> Of course that is providing he has regsvr32.exe on the client's system.

> > Hello

> > normally they are the ocx's are selfregistering (not automatically, but
> the
> > information ist stored in the ocx, or dll)

> > just copy to WinNT\System32 ( Win95/98/ME \System ) and register them
with
> > "regsvr32.exe -i C:\WinNT\System\yourocx.ocx"

> > Regards

> > Christian

> > > You may have to use something to register your ocx (Like
installshield).
> > > Just copying it won't do.

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:08:06 GMT
 How to deploy .OCX ?
I believe it comes with VFP.

Quote:
> Hello Mike

> isn't the regsvr32 part of every Windows "Distribution" ?

> Regards

> Christian

> > Of course that is providing he has regsvr32.exe on the client's system.

> > > Hello

> > > normally they are the ocx's are selfregistering (not automatically,
but
> > the
> > > information ist stored in the ocx, or dll)

> > > just copy to WinNT\System32 ( Win95/98/ME \System ) and register them
> with
> > > "regsvr32.exe -i C:\WinNT\System\yourocx.ocx"

> > > Regards

> > > Christian

> installshield).

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:24:10 GMT
 How to deploy .OCX ?
Hi Mike

Regsvr32.exe has been part of Windows OS since Win95.
There have been some minor issues with its primary dependency
(comcat.dll), but other than that, it's fairly safe to use regsvr32 to
"manually" register COM components.

However ... it's definitely  _not recommended, as you alluded to
in your earlier post. A "quick fix" at best!

Roger

--
Roger Ansell
FE AVP&Cie

Quote:
> I believe it comes with VFP.

> > Hello Mike

> > isn't the regsvr32 part of every Windows "Distribution" ?

> > Regards

> > Christian

> > > Of course that is providing he has regsvr32.exe on the client's system.

> but
> > > the

> > with

> > installshield).

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 03:06:15 GMT
 How to deploy .OCX ?
Rule #1: Don't install "by hand" unless you _really know what you're doing.

Most professional installer applications query the registry to determine
how many times a particular component has been installed and then
increases the "count" by 1. On un-installing, if the "count"  is 1, then
the component is removed. Otherwise, it isn't.

If you choose to install a component "by hand" and that component
has already been installed by an installer application and it's
"count"  is 1  _and the user uninstalls the original application,
then your component will be removed without any user-intervention,
rendering your application (potentially) useless.

Rule #2: See Rule #1 <s>

Roger

--
Roger Ansell
FE AVP&Cie

Quote:
> Hello to you,
> I'm uisng vfp7

> In my application contained some acticex control (ocx)
> How to deploy it ?

> Please show me the easy way.
> Because I usually depoloy my application by hand.
> Never uisng installshield or inno setup

> Please tell me its logic to deploy ocx, so I can do it manually

> best regards
> steven

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 03:40:33 GMT

1. Deploying a form

2. Deploying VFP application as MSI for dotnet

3. VFP8 application deployed with SetupFactory

4. Security with deploying app

5. Dynamically Deploying Packages

6. Updating deployed database

7. Updating a deployed table

8. How to deploy a VFP7 application

9. Error deploying a VFP 7.0 program.

10. Deploying VFP COM - Foxisapi

11. Deploying a Form

12. How to distribute/deploy VFP 7 application ?