Help With Slow Loading Form
Author Message
 Help With Slow Loading Form

Hi All:

I have a form that loads slow both a design and run time.  In an effort to understand form internals to find clues that will help
improve my performance, I've been looking at the forms SCX and SCT files.  If anyone know, I'd like to know if the following sizes
are reasonable.  The SCX file contains 306 records and is 34KB.  The SCT file is 556KB.

I seem to recall discussions of degraded performance due to "bloated" form files.  It would be appreciated if someone could
indicate, given the sizes of my form files, if I've got a problem in this area.

Ron Picker
DharmaSystems

Druid Hollow
French Creek, WV.

Tue, 23 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help With Slow Loading Form
Hi Ron ---

Try to compile the form separately, with COMPILE FORM {x}....see i that
helps.  Other than than, you could USE the SCX file as a table and PACK and
then COMPILE FORM.....

Quote:

>Hi All:

>I have a form that loads slow both a design and run time.  In an effort to

understand form internals to find clues that will help
Quote:
>improve my performance, I've been looking at the forms SCX and SCT files.

If anyone know, I'd like to know if the following sizes
Quote:
>are reasonable.  The SCX file contains 306 records and is 34KB.  The SCT
file is 556KB.

>I seem to recall discussions of degraded performance due to "bloated" form

files.  It would be appreciated if someone could
Quote:
>indicate, given the sizes of my form files, if I've got a problem in this
area.

>Ron Picker
>DharmaSystems

>Druid Hollow
>French Creek, WV.

Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help With Slow-Loading Form

2. Form Loads Too Slow with Set Filter

3. Slow loading form in 6.0

4. Slow Loading Forms

5. Multiple pages causing slow loading of forms

6. Loads of Data, Form Load Speed Q.

7. View Designer slow to load

8. Remote View Data Loading is Slow (all records!)

9. Help! Speed of form loading in VFP5

10. FPD slow loading in Windows

11. FoxPro 2.5 slow loading

12. Slow-loading Data Environment over network