Closing/Releasing a Form
Author Message
 Closing/Releasing a Form

How can I close/release the active form from a menu command without
creating the form as a class.  In other words, how can I reference the
active form.

Sun, 18 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Closing/Releasing a Form

How can I close/release an active form from a menu command without creating
the form as a class?  In other words, how can I reference an active from
from a menu command?

thanks

Sun, 18 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Closing/Releasing a Form

Sterling,

You can use;

_screen.ActiveForm.release()

JimB

Quote:
>How can I close/release an active form from a menu command without creating
>the form as a class?  In other words, how can I reference an active from
>from a menu command?

>thanks

Sun, 18 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Closing/Releasing a Form

in the main PRG make the forms name PUBLIC
also when you do the form:
DO FORM <FORMNAME> linked

then you can call the form by the name::
form1.command1.click()

the menu is global so the name has to public

Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. vfp7 form.release or release window?

2. form.Release not releasing

3. Intercepting form close and appl close

4. Closing second modal form prevents closing of main VFP window

5. Closing windows using form's Close Button

6. Release form problem (after filling form property)

7. release form - from menubar of top level form ?

8. How to release a form from another form

9. DO FORM and RELEASE FORM troubles.

10. Form not closing when clicking on the [X] button on the form

11. Q : Can a form close another form ?

12. Opening and closing forms from within a form.