Crystal Reports - Implementing in VFP6 (Basic advice)
Author Message
 Crystal Reports - Implementing in VFP6 (Basic advice)

Use the Automation Server. API calls are messy and really an outdated way of
doing things. The ActiveX control requires a form, which I don't always have
in my applications.

--

Craig Berntson
Microsoft FoxPro MVP

Quote:
> Thanks to Craig Berntson and CharlieGC for your

> I've now received & installed Version 7 and after a few
> hours of playing around, I've established that it does
> precisely what I was looking for (and a whole lot more).

> As far as I can see, there are 3 ways of implementing CR
> in a VFP6 application:

> (1) Using the Crystal ActiveX Control
> (2) Using the Crystal Report Engine Automation Server
> (3) Using the Crsytal Report Engine API

> I can't see much point in using option 1 when 2 & 3 are
> available. My instinct is to use option 2 (Automation).

> I'm reasonably comfortable with using API calls, however
> I'd appreciate any advice on the relative merits of the
> the three options (or your experience with any).

> TIA

> Roger

Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports - Implementing in VFP6 (Basic advice)
Thanks to Craig Berntson and CharlieGC for your

I've now received & installed Version 7 and after a few
hours of playing around, I've established that it does
precisely what I was looking for (and a whole lot more).

As far as I can see, there are 3 ways of implementing CR
in a VFP6 application:

(1) Using the Crystal ActiveX Control
(2) Using the Crystal Report Engine Automation Server
(3) Using the Crsytal Report Engine API

I can't see much point in using option 1 when 2 & 3 are
available. My instinct is to use option 2 (Automation).

I'm reasonably comfortable with using API calls, however
I'd appreciate any advice on the relative merits of the
the three options (or your experience with any).

TIA

Roger

Mon, 25 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports - Implementing in VFP6 (Basic advice)
Thanks.

Quote:
> Use the Automation Server. API calls are messy and really an outdated way of
> doing things. The ActiveX control requires a form, which I don't always have
> in my applications.

> --

Mon, 25 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal Reports in VFP6/VFP7

2. VFP6 and Crystal Report 8

3. Repost - losing mouse pointer with VFP6+Crystal Reports preview

4. Crystal Reports with VFP6

5. Calling Crystal Reports with VFP6.0

6. VFP6 and Crystal Reports

7. VFP6 and Crystal Reports

8. - How to implement efficient transaction logging in VFP6?

9. Implementing a Colleciton in VFP6?

10. Crystal Report vs VFP Report Writer

11. Converting FoxPro reports to Crystal Reports format.

12. Advice on VFP6 to DB2 via ODBC