Foxpro 2.6 applications and XP
Author Message
 Foxpro 2.6 applications and XP

I'm trying to load a foxpro 2.6 application package onto my XP
computer but get a foxpro message (out of memory) when I select a
particular screen button within the application. All the other parts
of the application work OK, and it's a complex application.
If I load the same package on my wife's computer, also XP but upgraded
from Win98, the package works fine.  She has a dell desktop with 128MB
of RAM
My computer is a dell laptop, with 384MB of ram.  It came with XP.

Also, with another foxpro 2.6 application package, the same thing
happens, but this time, the application won't even load on my
computer, although it has no problem on my wife's.

I've tried changing the config  memlimit parameter, using 256 colors,
etc. etc.  Nothing helps.  I'm at a loss what to do.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks, Harding

Wed, 23 Mar 2005 22:35:56 GMT
 Foxpro 2.6 applications and XP
Harding,
Since this could be memory dependent, I guess my first question would be -
"Do you have a MEMLIMIT in your CONFIG.FP(W) file?".
I use:
MEMLIMIT = 60, 2048, 16384

I don't believe that requesting more than 16MB works or at least works well,
and without it, FP may be trying to grab more than it can properly handle.

Note: I'm running both FP DOS and the hi speed cpu patched FP for Windows on
XP with 512MB (dual 2.0Mhz), so it isn't the OS.

Rick

Quote:
> I'm trying to load a foxpro 2.6 application package onto my XP
> computer but get a foxpro message (out of memory) when I select a
> particular screen button within the application. All the other parts
> of the application work OK, and it's a complex application.
> If I load the same package on my wife's computer, also XP but upgraded
> from Win98, the package works fine.  She has a dell desktop with 128MB
> of RAM
> My computer is a dell laptop, with 384MB of ram.  It came with XP.

> Also, with another foxpro 2.6 application package, the same thing
> happens, but this time, the application won't even load on my
> computer, although it has no problem on my wife's.

> I've tried changing the config  memlimit parameter, using 256 colors,
> etc. etc.  Nothing helps.  I'm at a loss what to do.
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
> Thanks, Harding

Thu, 24 Mar 2005 01:33:25 GMT
 Foxpro 2.6 applications and XP
Rick,
Yes, it does have a memlimit. I've tried various combinations
including what worked for you.
The weird part of this problem is that the package has various
modules, but only one doesn't work.  When I see the screen on the
computer that works, I can't see anything strange about it at all.
Just normal stuff.
Somehow, I think it might be related to if one upgraded to XP or not.

Harding

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002 13:33:25 -0400, "Rick Bean"

Quote:

>Harding,
>Since this could be memory dependent, I guess my first question would be -
>"Do you have a MEMLIMIT in your CONFIG.FP(W) file?".
>I use:
>MEMLIMIT = 60, 2048, 16384

>I don't believe that requesting more than 16MB works or at least works well,
>and without it, FP may be trying to grab more than it can properly handle.

>Note: I'm running both FP DOS and the hi speed cpu patched FP for Windows on
>XP with 512MB (dual 2.0Mhz), so it isn't the OS.

>Rick

>> I'm trying to load a foxpro 2.6 application package onto my XP
>> computer but get a foxpro message (out of memory) when I select a
>> particular screen button within the application. All the other parts
>> of the application work OK, and it's a complex application.
>> If I load the same package on my wife's computer, also XP but upgraded
>> from Win98, the package works fine.  She has a dell desktop with 128MB
>> of RAM
>> My computer is a dell laptop, with 384MB of ram.  It came with XP.

>> Also, with another foxpro 2.6 application package, the same thing
>> happens, but this time, the application won't even load on my
>> computer, although it has no problem on my wife's.

>> I've tried changing the config  memlimit parameter, using 256 colors,
>> etc. etc.  Nothing helps.  I'm at a loss what to do.
>> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>> Thanks, Harding

Thu, 24 Mar 2005 03:16:43 GMT
 Foxpro 2.6 applications and XP
Try to run it in the Win 95 compatibility mode and see if that does the trick.

Right click on the shortcut and click on properties adn set the property to the
comaptibility mode.

Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:55:30 GMT

1. How To Connect Visual FoxPro 7 Data Source to Word 2002 (or Office XP Applications)

2. Foxpro 2.6 FOR DOS and Windows XP

3. foxpro 2.6 and Windows XP

4. FOXPRO 2.6 PRINTING IN WINDOWS XP

5. Foxpro 2.6 and Windows XP

6. Foxpro 2.6 does not run in Windows XP

7. FoxPro 2.6 for DOS under XP?

8. Access to FoxPro 2.6 with DAO from Excel XP

9. Help! Foxpro 2.6 and XP

10. Foxpro 2.6 and Windows XP?

11. Foxpro 2.6 and XP - 2000

12. Automated faxing from Foxpro 2.6 application