FPD2.5b and SET PRINTER TO COM1
Author Message
 FPD2.5b and SET PRINTER TO COM1

Hi all-
This one is starting to drive me nuts...

I'm running Foxpro/DOS 2.5b on a Lantastic 4.1 network. I have my
label printer redirected through Lantastic on COM1:. The SET PRINTER TO COM1
command works OK, but then I get a Printer Not Ready/Cancel/Retry? error
popup when I try to print to that port. I thought maybe I had some
sort of low-level conflict with my serial port (even though I have it
redirected through the network), so I disabled my port, but still
the same problem.

So- Could it really be a bug that Foxpro wouldn't let me print to a
serial printer, or is it possibly missing my network redirection? (Even
though it works fine on LPT1,2, and 3.)

Anybody have any ideas?

TIA-

>> Scott Deshaies, MIS Manager  <> High Mountain Press, Inc.  505/471-8822 <<
>> HMP Information Systems Dept <> 2530 Camino Entrada, Santa Fe, NM 87505 <<

Tue, 25 Mar 1997 05:14:23 GMT
 FPD2.5b and SET PRINTER TO COM1

Quote:

> Hi all-
> This one is starting to drive me nuts...

> I'm running Foxpro/DOS 2.5b on a Lantastic 4.1 network. I have my
> label printer redirected through Lantastic on COM1:. The SET PRINTER TO COM1
> command works OK, but then I get a Printer Not Ready/Cancel/Retry? error
> popup when I try to print to that port. I thought maybe I had some
> sort of low-level conflict with my serial port (even though I have it
> redirected through the network), so I disabled my port, but still
> the same problem.

> So- Could it really be a bug that Foxpro wouldn't let me print to a
> serial printer, or is it possibly missing my network redirection? (Even
> though it works fine on LPT1,2, and 3.)

> Anybody have any ideas?

I had a problem working with COM1, and found out that my system setup was
such that it had communication with that port turned off.  To find out,
reboot your computer and when it says something like, "Press <whatever> to
view system setup", do that.  There's a section in there for port
configuration.

-Rick

PO Box 184                |  Compuserve: 73252,1606
7200 NW 62nd Avenue       |  Voice: (515) 270-3218
Johnston, IA 50131        |

Tue, 25 Mar 1997 22:19:57 GMT

1. FPD2.5b and SET PRINT

2. FPW 2.5b and NT 4 Error with SET PRINTER TO command

3. FPD26 / FPD2.5B Novell 5

4. RUN in FPD2.5b

5. FPW2.6 printing to network printer w/SET DEVICE TO PRINTER

6. VFP use setting of default printer for all printers - help

7. SET PRINTER TO NAME doesn't necessarily send reports to the correct printer

8. How to set a printer as a default printer using VFP

9. SET PRINTER TO \\machine\printer

10. How to set a printer to as a default printer using Vfp

11. set printer to \\machine name\printer

12. How do you set printer to a network printer