String is too long to fit
Author Message
 String is too long to fit

Hello, how can i resolve this problem : "String id too long to fit"??
Thanks!

Fri, 03 Oct 2003 23:14:37 GMT
 String is too long to fit
Can you be more specific, what are you attemping to do ?

Bob Lee

Quote:
> Hello, how can i resolve this problem : "String id too long to fit"??
> Thanks!

Fri, 03 Oct 2003 23:58:45 GMT
 String is too long to fit
I've gotten this from time to time.  Usually I get it when working with memo
fields.  Best way to resolve it is to use the LEFT() function.  example:

=left(mytable.mystring, 250)

Quote:
>Subject: String is too long to fit

>Date: 4/16/2001 8:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time

>Hello, how can i resolve this problem : "String id too long to fit"??
>Thanks!

Mike

Sat, 04 Oct 2003 00:44:51 GMT
 String is too long to fit
String too long to fit.  (1903)

 The allowable string length was exceeded.

Quote:
> Hello, how can i resolve this problem : "String id too long to fit"??
> Thanks!

Sun, 05 Oct 2003 03:20:25 GMT
 String is too long to fit
I have seen this if yopu are importing an ascii file into a table and
forget to add the SDF qualifier, as in
append from somefile.txt sdf
Raj
Quote:

> String too long to fit.  (1903)

>  The allowable string length was exceeded.

> > Hello, how can i resolve this problem : "String id too long to fit"??
> > Thanks!

Sun, 05 Oct 2003 05:13:17 GMT

1. Help: String to Long to fit!

2. STRTRAN() to fix ASCII: Error 1903: String is too long to fit

3. Beware the String Too Long To Fit

4. Error 1903 - String Is Too Long To Fit

5. Long, long character string

6. "Line too long to fit" Error

7. String is too long to fit. Message ??

8. String too long in PICTURE "@M"

9. ?? long strings?

10. string to long error

11. Long string problems

12. String for Pass Through command too long