dynamic textbox control source
Author Message
 dynamic textbox control source

Hello

I am new to Visual FoxPro and I am using visual foxpro 5.0 and 6.0.

I would like to start my project file from DOS prompt  It returned gabage to
me if I use command like ..\vfp.exe [project path].

I would like to use a table with fields like nupret01, nupret02 ...  In my
form, I have a textbox which user can enter value like 01, 02, ...  I would
like to have another textbox to display nupret02 if user enter 02 in the
previous textbox.  I know this should be done programatically but how?
Please help!

Many thanks

---

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 12:14:14 GMT
 dynamic textbox control source
On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:14:14 +0800, "Phang Wui Toon"

Quote:

>I would like to use a table with fields like nupret01, nupret02 ...  In my
>form, I have a textbox which user can enter value like 01, 02, ...  I would
>like to have another textbox to display nupret02 if user enter 02 in the
>previous textbox.  I know this should be done programatically but how?
>Please help!

Local cNumber, cTable
cNumber = "01"
cTable = "nupret" + cNumber

USE (cTable) SHARED IN 0

You could also use error prevention like IF FILE(cTable + ".DBF")
to see if the table number they requested already exists.

You could accept a numeric value and use PADL() to convert to a two
digit number, adding a zero in front if needed (01..09), then use the
example above.

HTH

Alex Feldstein
________________________________
Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
Please respond in the public groups so that everybody
can benefit from the exchange.
Favor de responder en los foros pblicos asi todos se benefician.
(Address scrambled with ROT-13)

Cmo hacer preguntas de manera inteligente:
http://www.sindominio.net/ayuda/preguntas-inteligentes.html

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 19:58:39 GMT

1. dynamic textbox control source

2. dynamic textbox control source

3. VFP 5.0--textbox control source question

4. Printing Rich Textbox Active X Control source data in a VFP5.0 report

5. VFP 5.0 textbox control source question

6. textbox control on forms skipping to next textbox

7. textbox source/values and grids

8. using public variable as textbox source?

9. dynamic formatting in grid control

10. Dynamic access to controls on a Form!

11. Rich TextBox Control and Reporting

12. text of TextBox control doesn't scroll !!!!