reports questions
Author Message
 reports questions

(1) Is it possible to format the report textbox such as the currency decimal
number and eliminate the blank spaces prevailing the value. How?

(2)
(i)In the report textbox, there is a expression for report field and in
which there is a iif(, , ). If I want to show the amount calculation string
according to diferent payment. E.g.
iif((payment=1) or (payment=2), (table.field1, "x", table.field2), "  " )

Output: 100x200

        Is it correct? It prompt me the error that "Function name is missing
", why?
(ii) Moreover when I open the report in the form with much textbox values as
criteria to the report.
E.g. Report form payment for table.field3=thisform.id1.value

It again prompt me the error that "target table is already engaged in a
relation".
What it means? How can I overcome it?

(3) what is the number of nkeycode from A to Z with Ctrl/Shift/Alt?
(4) How to enable the Grid text box to update directly?
(5) How to print the active form screen to printer? What is the command?

Mon, 02 Jan 2006 18:59:34 GMT
 reports questions
I have thought of Q.4 and Q.5. I find alternative ways to solve the problem.
As to Q.4, I can add the method in the grid textbox to pop-up the form to
update the fields.

As to Q.5, I can create the table to store the results of the form and put
the results into the report according to the records in the table.

But if you have the actual ways. Your answers are greatly appreciated and
welcome.

Thanks,

Raymond

Quote:
> (1) Is it possible to format the report textbox such as the currency
decimal
> number and eliminate the blank spaces prevailing the value. How?

> (2)
> (i)In the report textbox, there is a expression for report field and in
> which there is a iif(, , ). If I want to show the amount calculation
string
> according to diferent payment. E.g.
> iif((payment=1) or (payment=2), (table.field1, "x", table.field2), "  " )

> Output: 100x200

>         Is it correct? It prompt me the error that "Function name is
missing
> ", why?
> (ii) Moreover when I open the report in the form with much textbox values
as
> criteria to the report.
> E.g. Report form payment for table.field3=thisform.id1.value

> It again prompt me the error that "target table is already engaged in a
> relation".
> What it means? How can I overcome it?

> (3) what is the number of nkeycode from A to Z with Ctrl/Shift/Alt?
> (4) How to enable the Grid text box to update directly?
> (5) How to print the active form screen to printer? What is the command?

Mon, 02 Jan 2006 20:56:22 GMT
 reports questions

Hi Raymond,

Quote:
> (1) Is it possible to format the report textbox such as the currency
decimal
> number and eliminate the blank spaces prevailing the value. How?

I did this on a report once - I think I used ALLTRIM() and TRANSFORM() but I
forget exactly, and the code is in my office.

Quote:
> (2)
> (i)In the report textbox, there is a expression for report field and in
> which there is a iif(, , ). If I want to show the amount calculation
string
> according to diferent payment. E.g.
> iif((payment=1) or (payment=2), (table.field1, "x", table.field2), "  " )

> Output: 100x200

>         Is it correct? It prompt me the error that "Function name is
missing
> ", why?

You haven't said whether Field1 and Field2 are characters or numbers. If you
want the string "100x300" then you need something like

IIF(INLIST(Payment, 1, 2), ;
    TRANSFORM(Table.Field1) + "x" + Table.Field2, " ")

Quote:
> (ii) Moreover when I open the report in the form with much textbox values
as
> criteria to the report.
> E.g. Report form payment for table.field3=thisform.id1.value

> It again prompt me the error that "target table is already engaged in a
> relation".
> What it means? How can I overcome it?
> (3) what is the number of nkeycode from A to Z with Ctrl/Shift/Alt?

See the "Visual FoxPro Key Codes" topic in Help.

Quote:
> (4) How to enable the Grid text box to update directly?

I'm not sure what you mean.

Quote:
> (5) How to print the active form screen to printer? What is the command?

On the UniversalThread there is some free code to do this. Go to
www.universalthread.com, choose the orange VFP Zone button, then the
Downloads button. It's download number 9470.

Tue, 03 Jan 2006 12:30:08 GMT
 reports questions
Dear Cindy,

I also want to know in Q.2 (ii), in which the reports cannot open in the
form.

Any ideas?

Raymond

Quote:

> Hi Raymond,

> > (1) Is it possible to format the report textbox such as the currency
> decimal
> > number and eliminate the blank spaces prevailing the value. How?

> I did this on a report once - I think I used ALLTRIM() and TRANSFORM() but
> forget exactly, and the code is in my office.

> > (2)
> > (i)In the report textbox, there is a expression for report field and in
> > which there is a iif(, , ). If I want to show the amount calculation
> string
> > according to diferent payment. E.g.
> > iif((payment=1) or (payment=2), (table.field1, "x", table.field2), "
 " )

> > Output: 100x200

> >         Is it correct? It prompt me the error that "Function name is
> missing
> > ", why?

> You haven't said whether Field1 and Field2 are characters or numbers. If
you
> want the string "100x300" then you need something like

> IIF(INLIST(Payment, 1, 2), ;
>     TRANSFORM(Table.Field1) + "x" + Table.Field2, " ")

> > (ii) Moreover when I open the report in the form with much textbox
values
> as
> > criteria to the report.
> > E.g. Report form payment for table.field3=thisform.id1.value

> > It again prompt me the error that "target table is already engaged in a
> > relation".
> > What it means? How can I overcome it?

> > (3) what is the number of nkeycode from A to Z with Ctrl/Shift/Alt?

> See the "Visual FoxPro Key Codes" topic in Help.

> > (4) How to enable the Grid text box to update directly?

> I'm not sure what you mean.

> > (5) How to print the active form screen to printer? What is the command?

> On the UniversalThread there is some free code to do this. Go to
> www.universalthread.com, choose the orange VFP Zone button, then the
> Downloads button. It's download number 9470.

> --
> Cindy Winegarden  MCSD, Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP

Tue, 03 Jan 2006 20:57:19 GMT
 reports questions
Hi Raymond,

Please see my answer in your thread in the HelpWanted group.

In general you should not post your question more than once. Most of use who
read here read all the Fox newsgroups so we'll see it no matter what
newsgroup you've posted to. That way someone doesn't spend a lot of time
preparing an answer to a question that's already been answered in another
thread.

> I also want to know in Q.2 (ii), in which the reports cannot open in the
> form.
> > > (ii) Moreover when I open the report in the form with much textbox
> values
> > as
> > > criteria to the report.
> > > E.g. Report form payment for table.field3=thisform.id1.value

> > > It again prompt me the error that "target table is already engaged in
> > > relation".
> > > What it means? How can I overcome it?

Thu, 05 Jan 2006 06:01:11 GMT

1. Class question, Report Question

2. FPW 2.6 Report question

3. VFP REPORT question?

4. Fox Pro for Win 2.5 Select and Report questions

5. total Pages in Report Question

6. custormized report question

7. Report question

8. Pics in reports question