Creating an EXE from a APP created by FOXAPP.APP
Author Message
 Creating an EXE from a APP created by FOXAPP.APP

This is weird!

I have a simple database structure. I used FOXAPP.APP
(FoxPro 2.5 for DOS) and created an application, which runs
exactly as needed. FOXAPP.APP creates a project file. I
opened the project file, and created a stand-alone EXE file
(I changed nothing in the Project file). The EXE is created
with zero errors.

When I run the *APPLICATION*, I can create and modify
reports and queries.

When I run the *EXE*, the query selection is disabled, and
selecting "report" causes the following error:

                Line No.: 60
              Program: PRTOPTS
      Error: Invalid subscript reference.
     Source: Invalid subscript reference.

I can go back to the project, and rebuild the APPlication,
and everything works fine again!

Why is the EXE behaving this way? And is there anything I
can do about it?

Julian "Lots of Newbie Questions" Frost

--
  ___________)  UUCP:   {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!odaiko!jfrost

   (____/ .     Public Key for Encrypted Mail available on request.

Wed, 13 Nov 1996 01:47:15 GMT
 Creating an EXE from a APP created by FOXAPP.APP

Quote:
> When I run the *APPLICATION*, I can create and modify
> reports and queries.

> When I run the *EXE*, the query selection is disabled,

(I found where this was coded but the following still
applies...)

Quote:
> and selecting "report" causes the following error:

>                 Line No.: 60
>               Program: PRTOPTS
>       Error: Invalid subscript reference.
>      Source: Invalid subscript reference.

> Why is the EXE behaving this way? And is there anything I
> can do about it?

Julian
--
  ___________)  UUCP:   {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!odaiko!jfrost

   (____/ .     Public Key for Encrypted Mail available on request.

Wed, 13 Nov 1996 04:09:09 GMT

1. VFP EXE or APP calling another APP

2. After Create Distribution Copies for App

3. Creating stand-alone app in FoxPro 2.6/Mac

4. Can't create app

5. Problems creating distribution app

6. Problem Creating Apps

7. Creating a WebSite - Supporting A VFP App

8. Using an ActiveX control created in VFP in a VC++ app

9. need help with creating Client server app with Vfox 6.0 and SQL s erver

10. How to create custom icons for my app's

11. Creating a COM object from a VFP app

12. No menu shortcuts created during app install