nesting error
Author Message
 nesting error

hi,

I am receiving a 'nesting error' when running a program w/o an error
code.. Can anyone give me a definition of a 'nesting error' relating to
vfp 6.0. Is this an incomplete procedural statement? I can not find it
in the help section of MSDN.

TIA,
Kerry

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 02:08:38 GMT
 nesting error
Hello,

in the help go to
Contents/References/Error Messages/Error Messages A-Z
and you'll get this:
Of course all in the foxpro documentation

Greetings,

Ko wisse
VFP'er
FlexiSoft

Nesting error (Error 96)
One of these situations has been encountered:

A DO is present without a matching ENDDO or vice versa

A SCAN is present without a matching ENDSCAN or vice versa

A FOR is present without a matching ENDFOR or vice versa

A LOOP or EXIT clause is present outside the DO WHILE ... ENDDO, FOR ...
ENDFOR, or SCAN ... ENDSCAN commands.

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 02:34:18 GMT
 nesting error
Thanks Ko.....I appreicate your time and the your response very helpful.

Kerry

Quote:
> Hello,

> in the help go to
> Contents/References/Error Messages/Error Messages A-Z
> and you'll get this:
> Of course all in the foxpro documentation

> Greetings,

> Ko wisse
> VFP'er
> FlexiSoft

> Nesting error (Error 96)
> One of these situations has been encountered:

> A DO is present without a matching ENDDO or vice versa

> A SCAN is present without a matching ENDSCAN or vice versa

> A FOR is present without a matching ENDFOR or vice versa

> A LOOP or EXIT clause is present outside the DO WHILE ... ENDDO, FOR
> ENDFOR, or SCAN ... ENDSCAN commands.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 22:05:50 GMT
 nesting error
A "nesting" error occurs when you are mising an IF ELSE ENDIF statement.
Very common.  Print out your program and line up the IF's and ENDIF's - you
should be able to spot it.  If not attach it to this email and send it to
me.

Quote:
> hi,

> I am receiving a 'nesting error' when running a program w/o an error
> code.. Can anyone give me a definition of a 'nesting error' relating to
> vfp 6.0. Is this an incomplete procedural statement? I can not find it
> in the help section of MSDN.

> TIA,
> Kerry

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 00:15:10 GMT
 nesting error
Hi Bob,

Through this ng and debugging, I found the error to be with an 'enddo'
another person 'ko' gave me the help definition of nesting error which
includes - do , enddo  - scan , endscan, and for , endfor. A loop or
exit clause is present outside the do while..enddo, for...endfor, or
scan...endscan commands. In my case I had a enddo outside the command.

Thanks for your time and input.

Kerry

Quote:
> A "nesting" error occurs when you are mising an IF ELSE ENDIF
statement.
> Very common.  Print out your program and line up the IF's and ENDIF's
- you
> should be able to spot it.  If not attach it to this email and send it
> me.

> > hi,

> > I am receiving a 'nesting error' when running a program w/o an error
> > code.. Can anyone give me a definition of a 'nesting error' relating
> > vfp 6.0. Is this an incomplete procedural statement? I can not find
it
> > in the help section of MSDN.

> > TIA,
> > Kerry

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:53:40 GMT
 nesting error

Quote:
> Hi Bob,

> Through this ng and debugging, I found the error to be with an 'enddo'
> another person 'ko' gave me the help definition of nesting error which
> includes - do , enddo  - scan , endscan, and for , endfor. A loop or
> exit clause is present outside the do while..enddo, for...endfor, or
> scan...endscan commands. In my case I had a enddo outside the command.

> Thanks for your time and input.

When you compiled your PRG (or form or classlib) you should have gotten an
ERR file with the offending line.

You can also set your prgs to compile on save in the options. That way you
won't get past editing the file without knowing where the error is.

--

Nancy

Please post replies to the newsgroup
so everybody benefits from the
discussion.

Best viewed with a non-proportional font.

Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:16:53 GMT

1. report nesting error

2. Report contains a nesting error

3. Report Contains A Nesting Error

4. Nesting error on vfp 5.0 report

5. VFP 5.0a (Nesting Error)

6. Report contains nesting error

7. Report contains nesting error

8. .PRG gives nesting error under VFP6 when there isn't one to be found...?

9. Error #103 Allowed DO nesting level exceeded.

10. Nested PRG listing during errors?

11. ON KEY and DO Nesting level error

12. a "nesting too deep" error