How to distribute/deploy VFP 7 application ?
Author Message
 How to distribute/deploy VFP 7 application ?

Hello to you,

How to distribute/deploy VFP 7 application ?

Please advice
thanks

Sat, 06 Mar 2004 14:33:53 GMT
 How to distribute/deploy VFP 7 application ?
Steven,

Several ways.

1. Use InstallShield (Recommended).
    Installshield is found on the VFP7 disc in its own folder.
    Take a look at the Technical Article VFPDEPLOY.DOC (also on the
VFP7-disc)

2. Use another installer (Wise)

3. By hand.
    If your application is simple, without ocx'es and whatever, you can
make it manually.
    Copy :
    - VFP7Rxxx.DLL (xxx is a country-code, ENU English/Us, DEU German)
    - VFP7R.DLL
    - VFP7T.DLL
    - MSVCR70.DLL
    into the folder where your app is.

Cheers
Carsten

Steven schrieb:

Quote:
> Hello to you,

> How to distribute/deploy VFP 7 application ?

> Please advice
> thanks

Sat, 06 Mar 2004 18:34:53 GMT
 How to distribute/deploy VFP 7 application ?
Be careful with option #3 - especially on "older" systems that haven't been
updated with the latest OS patches and MS software. There are a number of
system files that need to be current, or you'll have additional runtime
problems - both obvious and "mysterious".

Rick

Quote:
> Steven,

> Several ways.

> 1. Use InstallShield (Recommended).
>     Installshield is found on the VFP7 disc in its own folder.
>     Take a look at the Technical Article VFPDEPLOY.DOC (also on the
> VFP7-disc)

> 2. Use another installer (Wise)

> 3. By hand.
>     If your application is simple, without ocx'es and whatever, you can
> make it manually.
>     Copy :
>     - VFP7Rxxx.DLL (xxx is a country-code, ENU English/Us, DEU German)
>     - VFP7R.DLL
>     - VFP7T.DLL
>     - MSVCR70.DLL
>     into the folder where your app is.

> Cheers
> Carsten

> Steven schrieb:

> > Hello to you,

> > How to distribute/deploy VFP 7 application ?

> > Please advice
> > thanks

Sat, 06 Mar 2004 20:55:43 GMT
 How to distribute/deploy VFP 7 application ?
Thanks Rick.

We have 10,000+ VFP6 apps running all over Europe.
The setup is made with Wise, but all it does is to copy the files from cd to
the HD, and registers MSMAPI32.OCX.
The programs don't really use any special stuff (next to mailmege with Word).
It might have been our luck.
The users are updated in September until December. I guess the support-sections
will have a funny time.

Carsten

Rick Bean schrieb:

Quote:
> Be careful with option #3 - especially on "older" systems that haven't been
> updated with the latest OS patches and MS software. There are a number of
> system files that need to be current, or you'll have additional runtime
> problems - both obvious and "mysterious".

> Rick

> > Steven,

> > Several ways.

> > 1. Use InstallShield (Recommended).
> >     Installshield is found on the VFP7 disc in its own folder.
> >     Take a look at the Technical Article VFPDEPLOY.DOC (also on the
> > VFP7-disc)

> > 2. Use another installer (Wise)

> > 3. By hand.
> >     If your application is simple, without ocx'es and whatever, you can
> > make it manually.
> >     Copy :
> >     - VFP7Rxxx.DLL (xxx is a country-code, ENU English/Us, DEU German)
> >     - VFP7R.DLL
> >     - VFP7T.DLL
> >     - MSVCR70.DLL
> >     into the folder where your app is.

> > Cheers
> > Carsten

> > Steven schrieb:

> > > Hello to you,

> > > How to distribute/deploy VFP 7 application ?

> > > Please advice
> > > thanks

Sat, 06 Mar 2004 22:43:28 GMT

1. Deploying VFP application as MSI for dotnet

2. VFP8 application deployed with SetupFactory

3. How to deploy a VFP7 application

4. Problem distributing applications with the VFP 3.0 setup wizard

5. Help with distributing VFP applications...

6. Error deploying a VFP 7.0 program.

7. Deploying VFP COM - Foxisapi

8. ActiveX and distributed applications

9. distributed application design.

10. barcode not printing on distributed application

11. OLE error when distributing Application

12. Distributing visual foxpro application with setup wizard