FoxPro DOS 2.5 in Win DOS Shell
Author Message
 FoxPro DOS 2.5 in Win DOS Shell

I was noticing today that when running FoxPro for DOS 2.5 in a Windows DOS
shell that numeric overflow evaluated to a negative value but when run
just in DOS evaluates to a positive value.  Are there any other strange
behaviors that occur when running in a DOS Shell?

Tue, 29 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 FoxPro DOS 2.5 in Win DOS Shell

: I was noticing today that when running FoxPro for DOS 2.5 in a Windows DOS
: shell that numeric overflow evaluated to a negative value but when run
: just in DOS evaluates to a positive value.  Are there any other strange
: behaviors that occur when running in a DOS Shell?

Foxpro DOS uses extended memory - with HIMEM.SYS device in config.sys.

But it does not work correctly in Windows 3.1 - it reduces the memory
drastically.

I understand that FPD works real well in Win95 window.

Thu, 31 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. WTB: Foxbase+, FoxPro 1.0 for Win, FoxPro 2.0 for DOS, FoxPro 2.6 DOS/Win

2. set century on problem with FoxPro DOS 2.5 and FoxPro Win 2.6a

3. set century on problem with FoxPro DOS 2.5 and FoxPro Win 2.6a

4. FoxPro 2.0 vs. 2.5 (WIN/DOS)

5. Converting FOXPRO 2.5 DOS to 2.6 WIN question...

6. Win 95 & Foxpro 2.5 Dos

7. Printing problem under Win 95 ( Foxpro 2.5 DOS )

8. Comm libraries and FP 2.5/6 DOS, 2.6/Win

9. Print problem after converting DOS 2.5 -> WIN

10. FP DOS 2.5 & Win 95 Printing

11. FP DOS 2.5 / WIN 95 Print Weirdness

12. FoxPro 2.6a and Shelling to DOS 6.22