Problem with FoxPro Printing
Author Message
 Problem with FoxPro Printing

I am useing a created Function to provide output to a field in my label
form.  I am having trouble with centering.  It doesn't seem to work at
all.  I need to center these outputs on the label.

What can I do??

Thanks!!

-Bruce

Mon, 15 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with FoxPro Printing

Quote:

>I am useing a created Function to provide output to a field in my label
>form.  I am having trouble with centering.  It doesn't seem to work at
>all.  I need to center these outputs on the label.
>What can I do??
>Thanks!!
>-Bruce

This function you've created returns a Variable? Is the Variables
legth different every time?  And I am assuming when you place the
variable on the report/label you are choosing the STYLE command and
either centering or whatever to it???

* Buffalo, NY / USA                  POS System Software  *

Mon, 15 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with FoxPro Printing

Quote:
>This function you've created returns a Variable? Is the Variables
>legth different every time?  And I am assuming when you place the
>variable on the report/label you are choosing the STYLE command and
>either centering or whatever to it???

My function returns a string.  The string may be different from one label
to the next.  I have the Function itself in the label form, and I am
using the format - center option form the label form builder.

Thanks!!

-Bruce

 Bruce D. Rempe            |                 Home Of
 Computer Support Services |        "THE MESSAGE BOARD SYSTEM"
 (319)342-3566 fx 342-3574 | a touch-screen based messaging system for

     WWW PAGE:  http://www.netins.net/showcase/message/tmb.html
     Demo Prg:  ftp://ftp.netins.net/showcase/message/message.exe
               "The Conference Communications Experts"

Mon, 15 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with FoxPro Printing
First off - make sure you are using a monospaced font - ie every character
is the same width - look at the  "i" and the "M" - are they the same width?
I'd suggest a courier or gothic font.

Next - use something like this:

Padc(alltrim(yourfunction()),some length," ")

If you don't use a monospaced font you will have to guess at the average
center point - with a monospaced font you can be exact.

Wed, 17 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. FoxPro Mac Printing problem

2. Foxpro 2.6 Print Problem

3. FoxPro 2.0 Print Problem

4. printing problem in FoxPro 2.6 for DOS

5. FoxPro For Windows Printing Problem

6. FOXPRO/HP560C REPORT PRINTING PROBLEMS

7. HELP! FoxPro-Novell Print Problem

8. Microsoft Visual FoxPro - Printing Problem

9. Foxpro, DOS and NT printing problem

10. Foxpro 2.0 printing problems

11. Foxpro 2.6 printing problems using NT4.0

12. foxpro 2.6 dos workstation NT 4.0 printing problem