Free tables vs dbc
Author Message
 Free tables vs dbc

We have an application with 150 free tables. Are there any drawbacks putting
them into   .dbc ?
Thanks.

Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Free tables vs dbc
If one gets moved or deleted. I have reverted back to free tables because of
this problem. The command to release a table from a database if its been
deleted did not work at least in VFP5. Just my 2 thingies.
Allen

Quote:
> We have an application with 150 free tables. Are there any drawbacks
putting
> them into   .dbc ?
> Thanks.

Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Free tables vs dbc
I don't dwell on potential drawbacks, though there may be some.  The
advantages are great, however.  There are many things VFP can do for you to
ensure data integrity that can only work with tables in the DBC.  I have
projects with 50 or more tables in the DBC and many views and never
experience any problems.  I doubt you would.  One suggestion . . . get SDT
from Stonefield (www.stonefield.com) -- it's *well* worth the price!  And,
no, I don't work for them.  Just a satisfied user.

Russell Campbell

Quote:
> We have an application with 150 free tables. Are there any drawbacks
putting
> them into   .dbc ?
> Thanks.

Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Free Tables vs DBC

2. DBC vs. Free Tables in ODBC

3. .dbc vs. free tables

4. dbc VS Free tables

5. dbc vs free table

6. Database table vs Free table ?

7. Set relation problems between DBC and free tables

8. Performance of Free tables compared to within a DBC

9. How to import hundreds of free table to one DBC

10. Free Tables to DBC - Is behaviour different?

11. Databases vs. Free Tables

12. DBF vs Free Tables