Rich Text Format - Next Page and Codes
Author Message
 Rich Text Format - Next Page and Codes

I have VFP printing in Rich Text Format using the Microsoft CommonDialog
ActiveX control.  It works great but I still cannot figure out some way to do a
page break in the rich text format.  Is there any way to do this?  I even tried
entering in something like:

~~PAGE~~

and then using the STRTRAN function to change all of the ~~PAGE~~ to a chr(12)
before printing.  No good, all I get is a funny looking graphics character.  Is
there any way to send printer codes to the printer as this would REALLY help a
lot.  Normally a printer code chr(12) is the code for a page eject so I'd like
to send that code to the printer while printing in the rich text format.  The
more general question is how to send any printer code to the printer while
printing the rich text format.  I'm stumped.......

Mike

Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:36:20 GMT
 Rich Text Format - Next Page and Codes
You cannot!? You can not have several pages in that ActiveX control.
I struggled with that in several months an gave up.

My solution was to go for the system  TX Text Control  from The Imaging
Source Europe GmbH in Germany. This system combined with Visual docs from
Soft Classics Ltd have given me a fantastic integrated documentsystem where
i can do almost everything i want from genereting rtf, html, doc files and
so on - in full control with full programable templates-control directly
from my dbfs .
Look at it - its fantastic.

Quote:
> I have VFP printing in Rich Text Format using the Microsoft CommonDialog
> ActiveX control.  It works great but I still cannot figure out some way to
do a
> page break in the rich text format.  Is there any way to do this?  I even
tried
> entering in something like:

> ~~PAGE~~

Wed, 19 Feb 2003 18:20:10 GMT
 Rich Text Format - Next Page and Codes
Hi Lasse

My dog tells me that this looks interesting. <s>

Do you have any web site pointers for these resources?

Regards
Roger

Quote:
> You cannot!? You can not have several pages in that ActiveX control.
> I struggled with that in several months an gave up.

> My solution was to go for the system  TX Text Control  from The Imaging
> Source Europe GmbH in Germany. This system combined with Visual docs from
> Soft Classics Ltd have given me a fantastic integrated documentsystem where
> i can do almost everything i want from genereting rtf, html, doc files and
> so on - in full control with full programable templates-control directly
> from my dbfs .
> Look at it - its fantastic.

> > I have VFP printing in Rich Text Format using the Microsoft CommonDialog
> > ActiveX control.  It works great but I still cannot figure out some way to
> do a
> > page break in the rich text format.  Is there any way to do this?  I even
> tried
> > entering in something like:

> > ~~PAGE~~

Wed, 19 Feb 2003 22:38:09 GMT
 Rich Text Format - Next Page and Codes
Yess.. bark your way to.....

http://www.codemine.com/
http://www.textcontrol.com/

Quote:
> Hi Lasse

> My dog tells me that this looks interesting. <s>

> Do you have any web site pointers for these resources?

> Regards
> Roger

Thu, 20 Feb 2003 00:29:18 GMT
 Rich Text Format - Next Page and Codes
Lasse,

can the tx activeX control be distributed with the compiled VFP app royalty
free?  How much is it.

Thanks

Quote:
>Subject: Re: Rich Text Format - Next Page and Codes

>Date: 9/2/2000 9:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time

>Yess.. bark your way to.....

>http://www.codemine.com/
>http://www.textcontrol.com/

Mike

Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:28:58 GMT
 Rich Text Format - Next Page and Codes
Thanks for the info, I'm checking out their website and will contact them.

Mike

Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:57:33 GMT

1. Rich Text Format - Next Page and Codes

2. Rich Text Format - Next P

3. Rich Text Nightmare (merging two rich text files)

4. Rich Text Format / WP style in Fox?

5. Rich Text Format etc.

6. Rich Text format

7. Rich text format

8. Rich Text Format Printing Problem

9. Need Help With (RTF) rich text format

10. Rich Text Format and Common Dialog Question

11. Printing Rich Text Format in VFP

12. Rich Text Format Print Problem