Unable to find unknown XXXXX after building EXE
Author Message
 Unable to find unknown XXXXX after building EXE

I have a form that will run 2 reports.  When the user press OK, the click
procedure will gen a temp file for the reports to run.  The procedure will
also initialize an array that fill some values based on user's input.  This
array will be referred as column headings inside the reports.

If I simply run it, no problem.

If I compile it, VFP 5.0 displayed an error "Unable to find unknown XXXXX"
where XXXXX is the name of the array.  It seems that the array name can't be
resolved during compile time.  However, the program generated can run
without problems.

Still, I would like to get rid of those "errors".  Anyone know how to put a
declaration statement or something to declare the array name inside the
report file so that VFP 5.0 can compile without the errors???

Thanks.
Brian.

Tue, 01 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Unable to find unknown XXXXX after building EXE
Hi Brian

You need to add the compiler directive

EXTERNAL ARRAY <your array name>

somewhere in the calling chain

Cheers,
--
Andrew Coates
Civil Solutions

PGP Public Key on MIT Server

Quote:

>I have a form that will run 2 reports.  When the user press OK, the click
>procedure will gen a temp file for the reports to run.  The procedure will
>also initialize an array that fill some values based on user's input.  This
>array will be referred as column headings inside the reports.

>If I simply run it, no problem.

>If I compile it, VFP 5.0 displayed an error "Unable to find unknown XXXXX"
>where XXXXX is the name of the array.  It seems that the array name can't
be
>resolved during compile time.  However, the program generated can run
>without problems.

>Still, I would like to get rid of those "errors".  Anyone know how to put a
>declaration statement or something to declare the array name inside the
>report file so that VFP 5.0 can compile without the errors???

>Thanks.
>Brian.

begin 666 Andrew Coates.vcf
M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..D-O871E<SM!;F1R97<-"D9.
M.D%N9')E=R!#;V%T97,-"D]21SI#:79I;"!3;VQU=&EO;G,-"DY/5$4Z4$=0

M.TY35SLR,#,U.T%54U1204Q)00T*3$%"14P[5T]22SM%3D-/1$E.1SU154]4

M"E523#H-"E523#IH='1P.B\O=W=W+F-I=FEL<V]L=71I;VYS+F-O;2YA=2\-
M"D5-04E,.U!2148[24Y415).150Z82YC;V%T97- 8VEV:6QS;VQU=&EO;G,N

`
end

Tue, 01 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Unable to find unknown XXXXX after building EXE
Thanks Andrew, but where in the report file can I put this code into?

Regards,
Brian.

Quote:

>Hi Brian

>You need to add the compiler directive

>EXTERNAL ARRAY <your array name>

>somewhere in the calling chain

>Cheers,
>--
>Andrew Coates
>Civil Solutions
>http://www.civilsolutions.com.au/

>PGP Public Key on MIT Server

>>I have a form that will run 2 reports.  When the user press OK, the click
>>procedure will gen a temp file for the reports to run.  The procedure will
>>also initialize an array that fill some values based on user's input.
This
>>array will be referred as column headings inside the reports.

>>If I simply run it, no problem.

>>If I compile it, VFP 5.0 displayed an error "Unable to find unknown XXXXX"
>>where XXXXX is the name of the array.  It seems that the array name can't
>be
>>resolved during compile time.  However, the program generated can run
>>without problems.

>>Still, I would like to get rid of those "errors".  Anyone know how to put
>>declaration statement or something to declare the array name inside the
>>report file so that VFP 5.0 can compile without the errors???

>>Thanks.
>>Brian.

Fri, 04 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Unable to find unknown XXXXX after building EXE

Quote:
>Thanks Andrew, but where in the report file can I put this code into?

In the procedure it's cretaed in.

Greetings: Jorge
----------------
"As the right hemisphere of the brain controls
 the left side of the body then only left-handers
 are in their right minds"  (8

Sat, 05 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Unable to find unknown XXXXX after building EXE
G'day Brian,

OK, I just tested this on VFP6:

Put it in the init of the report's dataenvironment.

To do this, open the report, right-click in the report designer and choose
Data Environment, right-click in the data environment and choose Code. Pick
the init event from the drop-down list and put the command in the code
window.

HTH

Cheers,

--
Andrew Coates
Civil Solutions
http://www.civilsolutions.com.au/

PGP Public Key on MIT Server

Quote:

>Thanks Andrew, but where in the report file can I put this code into?

>Regards,
>Brian.

>>Hi Brian

>>You need to add the compiler directive

>>EXTERNAL ARRAY <your array name>

>>somewhere in the calling chain

>>Cheers,
>>--
>>Andrew Coates
>>Civil Solutions
>>http://www.civilsolutions.com.au/

>>PGP Public Key on MIT Server

>>>I have a form that will run 2 reports.  When the user press OK, the click
>>>procedure will gen a temp file for the reports to run.  The procedure
will
>>>also initialize an array that fill some values based on user's input.
>This
>>>array will be referred as column headings inside the reports.

>>>If I simply run it, no problem.

>>>If I compile it, VFP 5.0 displayed an error "Unable to find unknown
XXXXX"
>>>where XXXXX is the name of the array.  It seems that the array name can't
>>be
>>>resolved during compile time.  However, the program generated can run
>>>without problems.

>>>Still, I would like to get rid of those "errors".  Anyone know how to put
>>>declaration statement or something to declare the array name inside the
>>>report file so that VFP 5.0 can compile without the errors???

>>>Thanks.
>>>Brian.

begin 666 Andrew Coates.vcf
M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..D-O871E<SM!;F1R97<-"D9.
M.D%N9')E=R!#;V%T97,-"D]21SI#:79I;"!3;VQU=&EO;G,-"DY/5$4Z4$=0

M.TY35SLR,#,U.T%54U1204Q)00T*3$%"14P[5T]22SM%3D-/1$E.1SU154]4

M"E523#H-"E523#IH='1P.B\O=W=W+F-I=FEL<V]L=71I;VYS+F-O;2YA=2\-
M"D5-04E,.U!2148[24Y415).150Z82YC;V%T97- 8VEV:6QS;VQU=&EO;G,N

`
end

Sat, 05 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Unable to find unknown XXXXX after building EXE
Thanks Andrew, it works!

BTW, the information provided by Jorge is not useful to me because I put the
array names in expressions of textboxes and I don't know where to put the
code.

You point out the right direction! Thanks again!

Brian.

Quote:
>G'day Brian,

>OK, I just tested this on VFP6:

>Put it in the init of the report's dataenvironment.

>To do this, open the report, right-click in the report designer and choose
>Data Environment, right-click in the data environment and choose Code. Pick
>the init event from the drop-down list and put the command in the code
>window.

>HTH

>Cheers,

>--
>Andrew Coates
>Civil Solutions
>http://www.civilsolutions.com.au/

>PGP Public Key on MIT Server

>>Thanks Andrew, but where in the report file can I put this code into?

>>Regards,
>>Brian.

>>>Hi Brian

>>>You need to add the compiler directive

>>>EXTERNAL ARRAY <your array name>

>>>somewhere in the calling chain

>>>Cheers,
>>>--
>>>Andrew Coates
>>>Civil Solutions
>>>http://www.civilsolutions.com.au/

>>>PGP Public Key on MIT Server

>will
>>This

>XXXXX"
>>>be

Tue, 08 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Unable to find Unknown ..."

2. Unable to find Unknown <variable>

3. Unable to build EXE in FP DOS 2.6

4. Unable to process error, Unknown error code

5. Unknown error code / Unable to process error

6. Unable to process error, Unknown error code

7. Unknown error code / Unable to process error

8. Unknown reference building project - FPW 2.6

9. vfp 5-unable to build project

10. unable to find ...

11. Unable to find visual class Library

12. Unable to find File .BMP