Shutting down Win95 from VFP 3.0b
Author Message
 Shutting down Win95 from VFP 3.0b

I was wondering if it is possible upon exit of a VFP 3.0b program to also
completely shutdown Win95 as well?  Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
--
Jon Ziegler
Vertex Software, Inc.

Mon, 26 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

writes:

{ I was wondering if it is possible upon exit of a VFP 3.0b
{ program to also completely shutdown Win95 as well?  Any
{ help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Jon,

You can do this with the Windows API "ExitWindows", but it's not a perfect
solution.  It can cause FP to leave *.tmp files on the hard drive, but
they're more a nuisance than a real problem.  Take a look at KB article
Q105046 - "How to Quit Windows from Within a FoxPro Application"

Ralph Morse

=====================

=====================

Wed, 28 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. shut down from vfp

2. Shut down application at midnight

3. Fatal Exception Error and Shut Down

4. Shutting down an external program

5. Closing application when Windows shut down

6. Shut down Windows 95 programmatically

7. VFP5 shuts down machine

8. Shutting down Windows from foxpro

9. Shut Down Windows

10. Executable keeps shutting down

11. Shut down application if no activity

12. Can you shut down an ole server