VFP 6.0 report to html ?
Author Message
 VFP 6.0 report to html ?

Anyone know a way to convert the output of VFP reports (ie .frx) into html ?
Or perhaps into MS Word format ?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
ak

Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:42:26 GMT
 VFP 6.0 report to html ?
I have seen mentioned FRX2WRD. I have not used it but you can see more at
www.universalthread.com. Basic membership is free and there is more
information on this product.

HTH

Stephen

Quote:
> Anyone know a way to convert the output of VFP reports (ie .frx) into html
?
> Or perhaps into MS Word format ?

> Any guidance would be appreciated.

> Thanks,
> ak

Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:00:51 GMT
 VFP 6.0 report to html ?
Thanks for your reply, Stephen.

I have actually tried FRX2WRD a few months ago and found it very limiting
(eg. variable references are not supported, overlapping report objects are
not handled well, there are layout limitations, etc...).  Seems like the
product has a ways to go yet for good integration with VFP, but it looks
promising.  I have also tried GenHtml.prg - just could not get this to work
correctly for me, except for the most simple things.

I am having a tough time believing that converting any VFP6 output to HTML
would be so difficult to accomplish without "hand coding" the tags.  There
has got to be a better way.

Anyone else know of any other products that could do this ?  Perhaps VFP7 ?
Any info wold be greatly appreciated.

ak

Quote:
> I have seen mentioned FRX2WRD. I have not used it but you can see more at
> www.universalthread.com. Basic membership is free and there is more
> information on this product.

> HTH

> Stephen

> > Anyone know a way to convert the output of VFP reports (ie .frx) into
html
> ?
> > Or perhaps into MS Word format ?

> > Any guidance would be appreciated.

> > Thanks,
> > ak

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 14:09:42 GMT
 VFP 6.0 report to html ?

[ Courtesy cc'ed through e-mail to the quoted author ]
[ re-ordered and niceties snipped ;-) ]

Quote:

>> > Anyone know a way to convert the output of VFP reports (ie .frx)
>> > into html?

Just a nit-pick: .frx is _not_ (V)FP report's output - it is a part (along
with .frt) or report's _definition_.

Quote:
>> > Or perhaps into MS Word format ?

>> > Any guidance would be appreciated.

>> I have seen mentioned FRX2WRD. I have not used it but you can see more at
>> www.universalthread.com. Basic membership is free and there is more
>> information on this product.

>Thanks for your reply, Stephen.

>I have actually tried FRX2WRD a few months ago and found it very limiting
>(eg. variable references are not supported, overlapping report objects are
>not handled well, there are layout limitations, etc...).  Seems like the
>product has a ways to go yet for good integration with VFP, but it looks
>promising.  I have also tried GenHtml.prg - just could not get this to work
>correctly for me, except for the most simple things.

>I am having a tough time believing that converting any VFP6 output to HTML
>would be so difficult to accomplish without "hand coding" the tags.  There
>has got to be a better way.

>Anyone else know of any other products that could do this ?  Perhaps VFP7 ?
>Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Did you try an HTML printer driver?  If all you want is to generate HTML out of
FoxPro report, this may help.  I believe it is included in "MISC" section of MS
Windows CD; if not, drop me a line, I have it somewhere.  With the HTML driver
you just select HTML "printer", and your report is saved in .html file.

Having said that, I want to note once again that HTML is _NOT_ a page layout
language.  The standard (see, e.g., http://www.w3.org/TR/html40/) repeatedly
emphasizes that it is _user client_ that renders HTML for the user's viewing,
and it is
1) totally controlled by user's preferences;
2) essentially free to ignore most of the page-formatting information in the
HTML it renders.

If you want your reports with _your_ formatting preserved in distributable form,
consider Adobe PDF or postscript.

--
[ When replying, remove *'s from address ]
Alexandre Pechtchanski, Systems Manager, RUH, NY

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:16:21 GMT
 VFP 6.0 report to html ?
Hi Alexandre
Thanks for your email and clarification about html.

I looked on the MS Windows CD (for 95, 98 or NT) and cannot find the HTML
printer driver that you referred to.  if you have the HTML printer driver,
could you please email to me ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
ak

Quote:

> [ Courtesy cc'ed through e-mail to the quoted author ]
> [ re-ordered and niceties snipped ;-) ]

> Just a nit-pick: .frx is _not_ (V)FP report's output - it is a part (along
> with .frt) or report's _definition_.

> >> I have seen mentioned FRX2WRD. I have not used it but you can see more
at
> >> www.universalthread.com. Basic membership is free and there is more
> >> information on this product.

> >Thanks for your reply, Stephen.

> >I have actually tried FRX2WRD a few months ago and found it very limiting
> >(eg. variable references are not supported, overlapping report objects
are
> >not handled well, there are layout limitations, etc...).  Seems like the
> >product has a ways to go yet for good integration with VFP, but it looks
> >promising.  I have also tried GenHtml.prg - just could not get this to
work
> >correctly for me, except for the most simple things.

> >I am having a tough time believing that converting any VFP6 output to
HTML
> >would be so difficult to accomplish without "hand coding" the tags.
There
> >has got to be a better way.

> >Anyone else know of any other products that could do this ?  Perhaps VFP7
?
> >Any info would be greatly appreciated.

> Did you try an HTML printer driver?  If all you want is to generate HTML
out of
> FoxPro report, this may help.  I believe it is included in "MISC" section
of MS
> Windows CD; if not, drop me a line, I have it somewhere.  With the HTML
driver
> you just select HTML "printer", and your report is saved in .html file.

> Having said that, I want to note once again that HTML is _NOT_ a page
layout
> language.  The standard (see, e.g., http://www.w3.org/TR/html40/)
repeatedly
> emphasizes that it is _user client_ that renders HTML for the user's
viewing,
> and it is
> 1) totally controlled by user's preferences;
> 2) essentially free to ignore most of the page-formatting information in
the
> HTML it renders.

> If you want your reports with _your_ formatting preserved in distributable
form,
> consider Adobe PDF or PostScript.

> --
> [ When replying, remove *'s from address ]
> Alexandre Pechtchanski, Systems Manager, RUH, NY

Sun, 26 Oct 2003 12:54:42 GMT
 VFP 6.0 report to html ?
As Ashu, i can't find this printer on MS CDs

Fred

 [ niceties snipped again ]

Alexandre Pechtchanski a crit :

Quote:

> Did you try an HTML printer driver?  If all you want is to generate HTML out of
> FoxPro report, this may help.  I believe it is included in "MISC" section of MS
> Windows CD; if not, drop me a line, I have it somewhere.  With the HTML driver
> you just select HTML "printer", and your report is saved in .html file.

> --
> [ When replying, remove *'s from address ]
> Alexandre Pechtchanski, Systems Manager, RUH, NY

--
FE AVP&Cie
Juillenay, Europe

http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki~WillMicrosoftMarketVFP
http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki~_WillMicrosoftMarketVFP_Deutsch
http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki~_WillMicrosoftMarketVFP_Espanol
http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki~_WillMicrosoftMarketVFP_Italiano
http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki~_WillMicrosoftMarketVFP_Portugues
http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki~_WillMicrosoftMarketVFP_Francais

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 02:16:56 GMT
 VFP 6.0 report to html ?
[ Courtesy cc'ed through e-mail to the quoted author with attached driver ]

Quote:
>As Ashu, i can't find this printer on MS CDs

>Fred

Actually, it turns out that it was in "PowerToys" collection.  Sorry for the
confusion.

--
[ When replying, remove *'s from address ]
Alexandre Pechtchanski, Systems Manager, RUH, NY

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 03:29:44 GMT
 VFP 6.0 report to html ?
I've used FRX2PRG - is this from the same company as FRX2WRD? It converts a
report (FRX) into a program (PRG). Then you can tweak the program to do
things the report can't be programmed to do. Also, I am more confident of
the logic of a program that I can see and print, compared to a report
generator (the Foxpro report tool) which is table-driven.
  Caveat - I used FRX2PRG for Foxpro 2.6 about 3 years ago, and it had not
yet been reprogrammed to work with VFP6.

--
Peter Rooney
"indexing by computer"

Quote:
> Thanks for your reply, Stephen.

> I have actually tried FRX2WRD a few months ago and found it very limiting
> (eg. variable references are not supported, overlapping report objects are
> not handled well, there are layout limitations, etc...).  Seems like the
> product has a ways to go yet for good integration with VFP, but it looks
> promising.  I have also tried GenHtml.prg - just could not get this to
work
> correctly for me, except for the most simple things.

> I am having a tough time believing that converting any VFP6 output to HTML
> would be so difficult to accomplish without "hand coding" the tags.  There
> has got to be a better way.

> Anyone else know of any other products that could do this ?  Perhaps VFP7
?
> Any info wold be greatly appreciated.

> ak

> > I have seen mentioned FRX2WRD. I have not used it but you can see more
at
> > www.universalthread.com. Basic membership is free and there is more
> > information on this product.

> > HTH

> > Stephen

> > > Anyone know a way to convert the output of VFP reports (ie .frx) into
> html
> > ?
> > > Or perhaps into MS Word format ?

> > > Any guidance would be appreciated.

> > > Thanks,
> > > ak

Mon, 03 Nov 2003 21:12:22 GMT
 VFP 6.0 report to html ?
Thanks Peter, I'll look into this.

Quote:
> I've used FRX2PRG - is this from the same company as FRX2WRD? It converts
> report (FRX) into a program (PRG). Then you can tweak the program to do
> things the report can't be programmed to do. Also, I am more confident of
> the logic of a program that I can see and print, compared to a report
> generator (the Foxpro report tool) which is table-driven.
>   Caveat - I used FRX2PRG for Foxpro 2.6 about 3 years ago, and it had not
> yet been reprogrammed to work with VFP6.

> --
> Peter Rooney
> "indexing by computer"

> > Thanks for your reply, Stephen.

> > I have actually tried FRX2WRD a few months ago and found it very
limiting
> > (eg. variable references are not supported, overlapping report objects
are
> > not handled well, there are layout limitations, etc...).  Seems like the
> > product has a ways to go yet for good integration with VFP, but it looks
> > promising.  I have also tried GenHtml.prg - just could not get this to
> work
> > correctly for me, except for the most simple things.

> > I am having a tough time believing that converting any VFP6 output to
HTML
> > would be so difficult to accomplish without "hand coding" the tags.
There
> > has got to be a better way.

> > Anyone else know of any other products that could do this ?  Perhaps
VFP7
> ?
> > Any info wold be greatly appreciated.

> > ak

> > > I have seen mentioned FRX2WRD. I have not used it but you can see more
> at
> > > www.universalthread.com. Basic membership is free and there is more
> > > information on this product.

> > > HTH

> > > Stephen

into
> > html
> > > ?

Tue, 04 Nov 2003 23:39:44 GMT
 VFP 6.0 report to html ?
Still confused, Alex !
What is the "PowerToys" collection ? And how does this relate to the HTML
printer driver that you referred to ?

Thanks
ak

Quote:

> [ Courtesy cc'ed through e-mail to the quoted author with attached
driver ]

> >As Ashu, i can't find this printer on MS CDs

> >Fred

> Actually, it turns out that it was in "PowerToys" collection.  Sorry for
the
> confusion.

> --
> [ When replying, remove *'s from address ]
> Alexandre Pechtchanski, Systems Manager, RUH, NY

Tue, 04 Nov 2003 23:50:26 GMT
 VFP 6.0 report to html ?

Quote:
>Still confused, Alex !
>What is the "PowerToys" collection ? And how does this relate to the HTML
>printer driver that you referred to ?

Once upon a time, on the dawn of computing as we know it [soon after release of
Windows 95 on unsuspecting public] ;-) there was a add-on for Windows 95 called
PowerToys.  It was either included in some Windows 95 CDs or was available for
download from www.microsoft.com.  This was a collection of tools to make Windows
95 more-or-less usable; one of them was HTML printer driver.
I've just did a web search and it returned about 12000 results; one of them is
uFreeware, which carries original Microsoft PowerToys:
http://ufreeware.com/downloads/powertoys.shtml

--
[ When replying, remove *'s from address ]
Alexandre Pechtchanski, Systems Manager, RUH, NY

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 01:13:49 GMT
 VFP 6.0 report to html ?

Quote:
> On Fri, 18 May 2001 11:50:26 -0400, "Ashu  Khanna"

> >Still confused, Alex !
> >What is the "PowerToys" collection ? And how does this relate to the
HTML
> >printer driver that you referred to ?

> Once upon a time, on the dawn of computing as we know it [soon after
release of
> Windows 95 on unsuspecting public] ;-) there was a add-on for Windows
95 called
> PowerToys.  It was either included in some Windows 95 CDs or was
available for
> download from www.microsoft.com.  This was a collection of tools to
make Windows
> 95 more-or-less usable; one of them was HTML printer driver.
> I've just did a web search and it returned about 12000 results; one
of them is
> uFreeware, which carries original Microsoft PowerToys:
> http://ufreeware.com/downloads/powertoys.shtml

unfortunately the link to download seems to just go to a microsoft url
which no longer exists - and the 'current' Power Toys desn't have an
HTML driver in it AFAICT.

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows95/downloads/contents/WUToys/W95PwrToysS
et/Default.asp

--
Mike D

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 06:51:57 GMT
 VFP 6.0 report to html ?
On 18 May 2001 22:51:57 GMT, "Michael R N Dolbear"

Hi Michael,

I did a quick search and the follwoing URL will give you that file.
Tried it and it works

http://www.kiarchive.ru/pub/windows/drivers/printer/HTMLdrv.exe

JML

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 19:14:46 GMT
 VFP 6.0 report to html ?

Quote:
> On 18 May 2001 22:51:57 GMT, "Michael R N Dolbear"

> Hi Michael,

> I did a quick search and the follwoing URL will give you that file.
> Tried it and it works

> http://www.kiarchive.ru/pub/windows/drivers/printer/HTMLdrv.exe

Thank you.

--
Mike D

Thu, 06 Nov 2003 08:31:16 GMT
 VFP 6.0 report to html ?
On Sat, 19 May 2001 13:14:46 +0200, Jean-Marie Laeremans

Quote:

>On 18 May 2001 22:51:57 GMT, "Michael R N Dolbear"

>Hi Michael,

>I did a quick search and the follwoing URL will give you that file.
>Tried it and it works

>http://www.kiarchive.ru/pub/windows/drivers/printer/HTMLdrv.exe

Trust Russians to keep oldies but goodies around ;-)

--
[ When replying, remove *'s from address ]
Alexandre Pechtchanski, Systems Manager, RUH, NY

Sat, 08 Nov 2003 00:41:46 GMT

1. Saving report in HTML layout VFP 6.0

2. VFP 6.0 run and save report as HTML

3. VFoxPro 6.0: How do I enhance the appearance of an HTML report generated through code

4. Emailing reports or creating HTML from reports in VFP 6

5. VFP 6.0 HTML help

6. VFP 6.0 and HTML generation

7. HTML Help/VFP 6.0

8. Help with HTML Help and VFP 6.0

9. Linking Compiled HTML Help to VFP 6.0 and Vis Versa

10. Displaying HTML in VFP 6.0

11. VFP 6.0 - HTML Help / Graphical Help

12. Html info PLEASE HELP VFP 6.0