Control Printer Attributes
Author Message
 Control Printer Attributes

How do I send the report to the default printer?  If I set up the report for
a given printer, it will print there regardless of the default printer.  I
need to have the user select different printers.

Thanks--Frank

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:23:03 GMT
 Control Printer Attributes
Hello, Frank!
You wrote  on Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:23:03 -0700:

 FS> How do I send the report to the default printer?  If I set up the
 FS> report for a given printer, it will print there regardless of the
 FS> default printer.  I need to have the user select different printers.

 FS> Thanks--Frank

What happens if you issue
REPORT FORM yourreport TO PRINTER PROMPT
or
REPORT FORM yourreport TO PRINTER PROMPT PREVIEW && and hit the printer
button in the Preview toolbar
---
Eric den Doop

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:46:59 GMT
 Control Printer Attributes
This outputs to default windows printer

set printer to default
report form report1 to printer preview

This promts user to select default application printer

set printer to name getprinter()
report form report1 to printer preview

or

=sys(1037)
report form report1 to printer preview

Quote:
> How do I send the report to the default printer?  If I set up the report
for
> a given printer, it will print there regardless of the default printer.  I
> need to have the user select different printers.

> Thanks--Frank

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:28:08 GMT
 Control Printer Attributes
Hi Frank:

Try this technique to allow your users to choose a printer from the list of
installed printer drivers:

162798 HOWTO: Use SET PRINTER TO NAME to Specify Report Destination
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=162798

To modify the report to print to the default printer installed on a given
machine (without prompting the user for any input), try this technique:

138396 HOWTO: Use the Default Windows Printer in Visual FoxPro
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=138396

Using these two techniques, you can cover most of the printing scenarios
you may encounter.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

Quote:
>How do I send the report to the default printer?  If I set up the report
for
>a given printer, it will print there regardless of the default printer.  I
>need to have the user select different printers.
>Thanks--Frank

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:32:23 GMT
 Control Printer Attributes

Quote:

Sun, 18 Sep 2005 00:51:09 GMT

1. How to Control Printer Attributes for a Report at Run Time in FPW2.6

2. Looking for utility to control file attributes (FPW 2.6a)

3. Printer ??? Control Code question

4. PRINTER CONTROL CODES THROUGH WINDOWS

5. Need Program Control over Printer Landscape/Portrait in FoxWin

6. Printer Control In Compiled

7. fox control of px-p11xx printers

8. Send control codes directly to printer from report

9. Printer control through API

10. VFP and printer control codes.

11. Control Printer output tray in Foxpro program

12. Send control codes directly to printer from report