VFP: Printing: Set Landscape
Author Message
 VFP: Printing: Set Landscape

     How do I set a printer into landscape mode?  I see a number of
functions that will tell me various printer statuses, but nothing to
set most of them.

     OK, I'll admit it.  This will do it
          keyboard "{tab}{tab}{tab}{tab}a{enter}"
          sys(1037)
but I really mean something that isn't a kludge (and that won't flash
that dialog box).

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
     I have preferences.
     You have biases.
     He/She has prejudices.

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 08:14:28 GMT
 VFP: Printing: Set Landscape

Gene,

- Copy the report to a temp file.
- USE the temp file and blank TAG1 & TAG2 fields.
- Change the EXPR field to read "ORIENTATION=1".
- REPORT FORM using the temp file.

That's a rough guide.

Nick

Quote:
>      How do I set a printer into landscape mode?  I see a number of
> functions that will tell me various printer statuses, but nothing to
> set most of them.

>      OK, I'll admit it.  This will do it
>           keyboard "{tab}{tab}{tab}{tab}a{enter}"
>           sys(1037)
> but I really mean something that isn't a kludge (and that won't flash
> that dialog box).

> Sincerely,

> Gene Wirchenko

> Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
>      I have preferences.
>      You have biases.
>      He/She has prejudices.

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 11:36:17 GMT
 VFP: Printing: Set Landscape

Quote:

>- Copy the report to a temp file.
>- USE the temp file and blank TAG1 & TAG2 fields.
>- Change the EXPR field to read "ORIENTATION=1".
>- REPORT FORM using the temp file.

>That's a rough guide.

     Oops!  I posted this request for help to ProFox a couple of days
ago.  They know my preferences (or whatever - see sig).  The reports
are .prg.  I want to know how do it programmatically.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
     I have preferences.
     You have biases.
     He/She has prejudices.

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 13:28:34 GMT
 VFP: Printing: Set Landscape
Check out PRTINFO( ) Function   This does what I think you need.....

Bob

Quote:

> >- Copy the report to a temp file.
> >- USE the temp file and blank TAG1 & TAG2 fields.
> >- Change the EXPR field to read "ORIENTATION=1".
> >- REPORT FORM using the temp file.

> >That's a rough guide.

>      Oops!  I posted this request for help to ProFox a couple of days
> ago.  They know my preferences (or whatever - see sig).  The reports
> are .prg.  I want to know how do it programmatically.

> Sincerely,

> Gene Wirchenko

> Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
>      I have preferences.
>      You have biases.
>      He/She has prejudices.

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP: Printing: Set Landscape
Well, in PCL you could:
set print on
???chr(27) + "E" + chr(27) + "&l1O"
?"print this in landscape"
???chr(27) + "E"
set print off
set print to

Quote:

> >- Copy the report to a temp file.
> >- USE the temp file and blank TAG1 & TAG2 fields.
> >- Change the EXPR field to read "ORIENTATION=1".
> >- REPORT FORM using the temp file.

> >That's a rough guide.

>      Oops!  I posted this request for help to ProFox a couple of days
> ago.  They know my preferences (or whatever - see sig).  The reports
> are .prg.  I want to know how do it programmatically.

> Sincerely,

> Gene Wirchenko

> Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
>      I have preferences.
>      You have biases.
>      He/She has prejudices.

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP: Printing: Set Landscape

Quote:

>Check out PRTINFO( ) Function   This does what I think you need.....

     No, it provides data on the printer setup, but not to change to
it.  I need to change it.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
     I have preferences.
     You have biases.
     He/She has prejudices.

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP: Printing: Set Landscape
One more thought,   thoughs, then I give up.

= sys(1037) does allow the user to set the  paper size... before printing
(sorry its not code)  but it does work ...

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP: Printing: Set Landscape
But what is "PCL" ?

Do you mean "Printer Control Language"?  (Those lovely Epson Escape Codes us
old-timers came to know and love)

You can send them to the printer and they might work momentarily, but when
VFP started to print, Wouldn't it reset the printer ?

"

Quote:

> Well, in PCL you could:
> set print on
> ???chr(27) + "E" + chr(27) + "&l1O"
> ?"print this in landscape"
> ???chr(27) + "E"
> set print off
> set print to

> > >- Copy the report to a temp file.
> > >- USE the temp file and blank TAG1 & TAG2 fields.
> > >- Change the EXPR field to read "ORIENTATION=1".
> > >- REPORT FORM using the temp file.

> > >That's a rough guide.

> >      Oops!  I posted this request for help to ProFox a couple of days
> > ago.  They know my preferences (or whatever - see sig).  The reports
> > are .prg.  I want to know how do it programmatically.

> > Sincerely,

> > Gene Wirchenko

> > Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
> >      I have preferences.
> >      You have biases.
> >      He/She has prejudices.

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP: Printing: Set Landscape
But what is "PCL" ?

Do you mean "Printer Control Language"?  (Those lovely Epson Escape Codes us
old-timers came to know and love)

You can send them to the printer and they might work momentarily, but when
VFP started to print, Wouldn't it reset the printer ?

"

Quote:

> Well, in PCL you could:
> set print on
> ???chr(27) + "E" + chr(27) + "&l1O"
> ?"print this in landscape"
> ???chr(27) + "E"
> set print off
> set print to

> > >- Copy the report to a temp file.
> > >- USE the temp file and blank TAG1 & TAG2 fields.
> > >- Change the EXPR field to read "ORIENTATION=1".
> > >- REPORT FORM using the temp file.

> > >That's a rough guide.

> >      Oops!  I posted this request for help to ProFox a couple of days
> > ago.  They know my preferences (or whatever - see sig).  The reports
> > are .prg.  I want to know how do it programmatically.

> > Sincerely,

> > Gene Wirchenko

> > Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
> >      I have preferences.
> >      You have biases.
> >      He/She has prejudices.

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP: Printing: Set Landscape
Assuming that you're trying to print from a FoxPro .FRX file, open that file
(e.g., MODIFY REPORT c:\test.frx), and from the file menu, select Page
Setup.  From the Page Setup dialog box, click the Print Setup button and
then select the Landscape radio button.  Save the .FRX file and it should
print in landscape mode the next time you run it.

If by some chance, you're printing without using the REPORT FORM command
(i.e., issuing SET PRINT ON followed by a series of ?/?? commands, or SET

to look in your printer manual for the correct escape code , e.g., ??
CHR(27) + CHR(n)...

Quote:
> Greetings and Salutations...
> I know this does not help directly, but, in Visual dBase,
> there is control property called "_PORIENTATION".  That
> can be set to "portrait" or "landscape" mode.
> However, interestingly enough, I dont really find a similar
> variable in Foxpro...
> Sigh.
> Regards
> Dave Mundt

> >     How do I set a printer into landscape mode?  I see a number of
> >functions that will tell me various printer statuses, but nothing to
> >set most of them.

> >     OK, I'll admit it.  This will do it
> >          keyboard "{tab}{tab}{tab}{tab}a{enter}"
> >          sys(1037)
> >but I really mean something that isn't a kludge (and that won't flash
> >that dialog box).

> >Sincerely,

> >Gene Wirchenko

> >Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
> >     I have preferences.
> >     You have biases.
> >     He/She has prejudices.

> Remove the "REMOVE_THIS_" from my email address to get to me...
> I hate Cullers who gather from newsgroups

> Visit my home page at http://www.esper.com/xvart/index.html

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP: Printing: Set Landscape
Well, maybe it's because you haven't "really" looked hard enough. See MSKB
Article ID: Q133163

Oh and BTW, you can fix your PC date now.

Quote:
> Greetings and Salutations...
> I know this does not help directly, but, in Visual dBase,
> there is control property called "_PORIENTATION".  That
> can be set to "portrait" or "landscape" mode.
> However, interestingly enough, I dont really find a similar
> variable in Foxpro...
> Sigh.
> Regards
> Dave Mundt

> >     How do I set a printer into landscape mode?  I see a number of
> >functions that will tell me various printer statuses, but nothing to
> >set most of them.

> >     OK, I'll admit it.  This will do it
> >          keyboard "{tab}{tab}{tab}{tab}a{enter}"
> >          sys(1037)
> >but I really mean something that isn't a kludge (and that won't flash
> >that dialog box).

> >Sincerely,

> >Gene Wirchenko

> >Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
> >     I have preferences.
> >     You have biases.
> >     He/She has prejudices.

> Remove the "REMOVE_THIS_" from my email address to get to me...
> I hate Cullers who gather from newsgroups

> Visit my home page at http://www.esper.com/xvart/index.html

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:50:24 GMT

1. VFP: Printing: Set Landscape

2. Problems printing reports with paper Orientation set to Landscape

3. VFP 5.0 Landscape Printing Problem

4. VFP - Printing Reports w/Landscape Orientation

5. Landscape Setting Reverts to Portrait

6. Setting printer to landscape mode?

7. Setting printer to landscape in a program

8. Textfile printing in landscape mode

9. File Printing in Landscape?

10. Print to Landscape form??

11. printing portrait instead of landscape

12. Landscape printing