Foxprow 2.5 newbie, again...
Author Message
 Foxprow 2.5 newbie, again...

Hello all,

        I am new to the list and to Foxpro. We have FoxPro for
Windows 2.5 (Yes, we will upgrade to visual FoxPro in the near
future). I was told to write a database to store frequencies
and callsigns. I created a screen to view the data. But when
the screen is activated (by clicking on "program", "do" and
the screen name) I loose the menu items for "database" AND
"records" when the screen comes up. making a search or a
query almost impossible. I was told by some to turn modal
off, but modal is not turned on nor is it referred to anywhere
in the spr screen generated program. Any ideas to help a
newbie?

Thanks in advance
--
St?phane Larochelle

Sun, 01 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxprow 2.5 newbie, again...

You may want to code this stuff yourself.  For example, you may want to
create 4 command buttons; top/bottom/next/previous.  In the Valid clause you
could create an Expression like cmdPress("action")...action being the
movement.  In the cleanup code create a function such as
        function cmdPress
        parameter cmdPassed
        do case
        case cmdPassed = "Top"
                go top
        case cmdPassed = "Bottom"
                go bottom
        etc....
        endcase
        scatter memvar
        show gets
You could create a command button for search, add, edit, delete etc and write
code to perform the specific task.  For example, you may want to call a
screen called SEARCH.SPR (and make it modal) to search for a specific record
based on the criteria the operator enters.  This may be more work than you
wanted to perform but it is an option.

Quote:
>and callsigns. I created a screen to view the data. But when
>the screen is activated (by clicking on "program", "do" and
>the screen name) I loose the menu items for "database" AND
>"records" when the screen comes up. making a search or a
>query almost impossible.

Thu, 05 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Foxprow 2.5 newbie dumb question

2. @ ..EDIT in FoxproW 2.5

3. Strange FoxProw 2.5/WFW problem

4. WIN3.1 printing from FoxProW 2.5

5. Printing multipage reports using FoxproW 2.5 on Lantastic/Workgroup

6. foxprow 2.5 & win2k

7. graphic under foxprow 2.5

8. FoxproW 2.5

9. Foxprow 2.5 problem