Cannot redefine . error 1930
Author Message
 Cannot redefine . error 1930

Our system has crashed at a user site with this error twice now and I'm not
entirely sure why.
On both instances no "name" was given in the error. On looking at the line
no, the first instance line was
    m.lcInterfund=""
 This variable had not been declared as local or private and was used
elsewhere so I assumed that was the problem. I couldn't reproduce the
problem so wasn't sure that the fix was successful.
The second instance line was
    private createdarray, m.lcOrdDiarchg, m.lcOrdDchghed
These variables are only used in this one program and are always declared as
private.
This is an old foxpro 2.5 system, thus the use of private instead of local.

Has anyone any idea on the root of the problem and how I can find other
problem areas of code which haven't yet caused a crash?

Any help would be most appreciated.

--
__________________________
Bernie Beattie

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:10:50 GMT
 Cannot redefine . error 1930
In my experience, this error is generated when you call a function using
more parameters than the function itself actually defines. For some reason
or other, the actual crash occurs on a line of code that is otherwise ok
near the beginning of the function.
- Lew S

Quote:
> Our system has crashed at a user site with this error twice now and I'm
not
> entirely sure why.
> On both instances no "name" was given in the error. On looking at the line
> no, the first instance line was
>     m.lcInterfund=""
>  This variable had not been declared as local or private and was used
> elsewhere so I assumed that was the problem. I couldn't reproduce the
> problem so wasn't sure that the fix was successful.
> The second instance line was
>     private createdarray, m.lcOrdDiarchg, m.lcOrdDchghed
> These variables are only used in this one program and are always declared
as
> private.
> This is an old foxpro 2.5 system, thus the use of private instead of
local.

> Has anyone any idea on the root of the problem and how I can find other
> problem areas of code which haven't yet caused a crash?

> Any help would be most appreciated.

> --
> __________________________
> Bernie Beattie
> Financial & Property Software
> Phone : 01786 472625
> Fax : 01786 471549
> Help Desk : 01786 446106

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 19:16:54 GMT
 Cannot redefine . error 1930
The function concerned has no parameters and is never called with parameters
either.
Any more ideas anyone?

Quote:
> In my experience, this error is generated when you call a function using
> more parameters than the function itself actually defines. For some reason
> or other, the actual crash occurs on a line of code that is otherwise ok
> near the beginning of the function.
> - Lew S

> > Our system has crashed at a user site with this error twice now and I'm
> not
> > entirely sure why.
> > On both instances no "name" was given in the error. On looking at the
line
> > no, the first instance line was
> >     m.lcInterfund=""
> >  This variable had not been declared as local or private and was used
> > elsewhere so I assumed that was the problem. I couldn't reproduce the
> > problem so wasn't sure that the fix was successful.
> > The second instance line was
> >     private createdarray, m.lcOrdDiarchg, m.lcOrdDchghed
> > These variables are only used in this one program and are always
declared
> as
> > private.
> > This is an old foxpro 2.5 system, thus the use of private instead of
> local.

> > Has anyone any idea on the root of the problem and how I can find other
> > problem areas of code which haven't yet caused a crash?

> > Any help would be most appreciated.

> > --
> > __________________________
> > Bernie Beattie
> > Financial & Property Software
> > Phone : 01786 472625
> > Fax : 01786 471549
> > Help Desk : 01786 446106

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:18:30 GMT

1. ERROR 1930 cannot redefine.

2. Changing MESSAGE when redefining buttons PROMPT

3. FPD26 DOS Redefining keys

4. FPD26 DOS redefining keys

5. redefining the class of a form

6. Redefining form objects

7. Equiv. to Cobol Redefines

8. Redefine a Class

9. Redefine Utility

10. REDEFINE PROBLEM !!!

11. Error Message - Cannot access the selected table

12. Error Message - Cannot access the selected table