Another Y2K Question
Author Message
 Another Y2K Question

Just when I thought I understand the Y2K issues in FP, I found out
another missing piece. Here is an expert from MS/y2k webpage. Can
someone explain what it means.

"In addition, date constants have no fixed field ordering. While this
does not ncessarily pose Year 2000 errors, it can cause date errors when
the constants are evluated or compiled under different values for Set
Date, which specifies the locale date format. In version 5.0, we
introduced the syntax {^yyyy/mm/dd} so that the caret would force the
constant into the YMD ordering."

And when should i be concerned with it ?

Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Another Y2K Question
You should be concerned with it anywhere you explicity create a date.

For instance, if you create dates like this:

    theDate = {01/03/15}

What date is it? Jan 1, 1915? March 1, 1915? March 15, 1901? March 15, 2001?
If you SET DATE BRITISH you'll get different date values than using SET DATE
AMERICAN.

{^yyyy/mm/dd} forces proper evaluation of dates without regard to SET DATE.

Dan

Quote:

>Just when I thought I understand the Y2K issues in FP, I found out
>another missing piece. Here is an expert from MS/y2k webpage. Can
>someone explain what it means.

>"In addition, date constants have no fixed field ordering. While this
>does not ncessarily pose Year 2000 errors, it can cause date errors when
>the constants are evluated or compiled under different values for Set
>Date, which specifies the locale date format. In version 5.0, we
>introduced the syntax {^yyyy/mm/dd} so that the caret would force the
>constant into the YMD ordering."

>And when should i be concerned with it ?

Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Another Y2K Question
This is a part of the new Visual FoxPro 6.0. Which has some new y2k
features.
Quote:

>Just when I thought I understand the Y2K issues in FP, I found out
>another missing piece. Here is an expert from MS/y2k webpage. Can
>someone explain what it means.

>"In addition, date constants have no fixed field ordering. While this
>does not ncessarily pose Year 2000 errors, it can cause date errors when
>the constants are evluated or compiled under different values for Set
>Date, which specifies the locale date format. In version 5.0, we
>introduced the syntax {^yyyy/mm/dd} so that the caret would force the
>constant into the YMD ordering."

>And when should i be concerned with it ?

Thu, 08 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Y2K Question

2. Y2K Question

3. Y2K Question: ON CURRENT event???

4. Foxpro 2.5 for DOS - Y2K and new PC questions

5. y2k fix for Fox 2.5,6

6. Foxpro Advisor Y2K Solution for 2.6

7. Y2K Conversion

8. Please HELP - Y2K