Form array properties: passing by reference
Author Message
 Form array properties: passing by reference

I'm using the AColScan function listed in Hacker's Guide (see ASCAN()
section, p225).

I want to scan through an array that is the property of a form, but I

occurs), and if I don't pass by reference the function naturally
returns -1.

Is there a way to pass array properties by reference?

Thanks
Ben

Mon, 17 Feb 2003 08:44:17 GMT
 Form array properties: passing by reference
Ben,

No there is no way to pass any property of an object by reference.  You can
pass the object reference itself or you can copy to array property and then
pass the copy by reference;

* Some code in the form
ACOPY(Thisform.aArrayProperty,laArray)

ACOPY(laArray,Thsiform.aArrayProperty)

--
JimB
www.jamesbooth.com

Quote:
> I'm using the AColScan function listed in Hacker's Guide (see ASCAN()
> section, p225).

> I want to scan through an array that is the property of a form, but I

> occurs), and if I don't pass by reference the function naturally
> returns -1.

> Is there a way to pass array properties by reference?

> Thanks
> Ben

Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:04:35 GMT

1. Pass Array by Reference to Form?

2. Passing form arrays by reference

3. Passing form property array to procedure

4. ?? Pass property by reference

5. Passing an array element as reference

6. Passing arrays by reference to objects...

7. Expert help requested -passing class properties to UDFs by reference

8. Passing an object's property by reference

9. Expert help requested -passing class properties to UDFs by reference

10. Passing Arrays by Reference?

11. Can't reference on forms properties from another form

12. Passing array properties