Fatal Error: Exception Code: C0000005 (VFP 6.0)
Author Message
 Fatal Error: Exception Code: C0000005 (VFP 6.0)

I have the following Fatal Error "occasionally": Any ideas:

Fatal Error: Exception Code: C0000005 (VFP 6.0)
Called from - Frmorderentry command1.clink line 3
{c:\invoice\forms\ordentry.sct}
Called from - Tastrade.do line 8 {c:\invoice\libs\main.vct}
Called from - main line 63 {c:\invoice\progs\main.prg}

Thu, 28 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Fatal Error: Exception Code: C0000005 (VFP 6.0)
What code is in line 3 of the Click() method of that button?

df    - (Microsoft FoxPro MVP) http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/9834/

Quote:

>I have the following Fatal Error "occasionally": Any ideas:

>Fatal Error: Exception Code: C0000005 (VFP 6.0)
>Called from - Frmorderentry command1.clink line 3
>{c:\invoice\forms\ordentry.sct}
>Called from - Tastrade.do line 8 {c:\invoice\libs\main.vct}
>Called from - main line 63 {c:\invoice\progs\main.prg}

Thu, 28 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Fatal Error: Exception Code: C0000005 (VFP 6.0)
morder_id=orders.order_id
mcust_id=orders.customer_id
do form printinv
==========================
*  morder_id and mcust_id are global variables
*
Quote:

> What code is in line 3 of the Click() method of that button?

> df    - (Microsoft FoxPro MVP) http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/9834/

> >I have the following Fatal Error "occasionally": Any ideas:

> >Fatal Error: Exception Code: C0000005 (VFP 6.0)
> >Called from - Frmorderentry command1.clink line 3
> >{c:\invoice\forms\ordentry.sct}
> >Called from - Tastrade.do line 8 {c:\invoice\libs\main.vct}
> >Called from - main line 63 {c:\invoice\progs\main.prg}

Thu, 28 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Fatal Error: Exception Code: C0000005 (VFP 6.0)
There is no grid in the form.  There are radios buttons and push
buttoms  not tieing to any data!!!  I am using STAR NX2430 printer
driver come!!!
Quote:

> Does that form have a grid (or any other controls) that can no longer bind to their data
> source due to a field name change? Can you do that form by itself? Is the form doing
> printing? If it is you may be seeing a printer/video driver bug, what printer drivers are
> you using?

> df    - (Microsoft FoxPro MVP) http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/9834/

> >morder_id=orders.order_id
> >mcust_id=orders.customer_id
> >do form printinv
> >==========================
> >*  morder_id and mcust_id are global variables
> >*

> >> What code is in line 3 of the Click() method of that button?

> >> df    - (Microsoft FoxPro MVP) http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/9834/

Thu, 28 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Fatal Error: Exception Code: C0000005 (VFP 6.0)
Does that form have a grid (or any other controls) that can no longer bind to their data
source due to a field name change? Can you do that form by itself? Is the form doing
printing? If it is you may be seeing a printer/video driver bug, what printer drivers are
you using?

df    - (Microsoft FoxPro MVP) http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/9834/

Quote:

>morder_id=orders.order_id
>mcust_id=orders.customer_id
>do form printinv
>==========================
>*  morder_id and mcust_id are global variables
>*

>> What code is in line 3 of the Click() method of that button?

>> df    - (Microsoft FoxPro MVP) http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/9834/

Quote:
>> >I have the following Fatal Error "occasionally": Any ideas:

>> >Fatal Error: Exception Code: C0000005 (VFP 6.0)
>> >Called from - Frmorderentry command1.clink line 3
>> >{c:\invoice\forms\ordentry.sct}
>> >Called from - Tastrade.do line 8 {c:\invoice\libs\main.vct}
>> >Called from - main line 63 {c:\invoice\progs\main.prg}

Fri, 29 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Fatal Error: Exception Code: C0000005 (VFP 6.0)
Joseph,

Does the form run if you just DO FORM from the command window? You said it only crashes
sometimes, does that mean it runs a few times and then crashes? Have you tried using
alternate printer drivers?

df    - (Microsoft FoxPro MVP) http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/9834/

Quote:

>There is no grid in the form.  There are radios buttons and push
>buttoms  not tieing to any data!!!  I am using STAR NX2430 printer
>driver come!!!

Fri, 29 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Fatal Error: Exception Code: C0000005 (VFP 6.0)
I, too am getting this error. Reliably.

It happens when I attempt to edit a class library.

I am using an IBM i Series ThinkPad with the Apple LaserWriter IIg printer
driver.

This is very, very standard stuff.

Question: do any of the updates which have been released help this at all.

This problem makes development impossible.

-Bob Gordon

Fri, 29 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Fatal Error: Exception Code: C0000005 (VFP 6.0)
Bob,

If you have a reproducible set of steps that can cause the error report them to
http://support.microsoft.com/Support/vfoxpro/report/report.asp until the problems are
fixed you can try alternate video/printer drivers to see if they help.

df    - (Microsoft FoxPro MVP) http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/9834/

Quote:

>I, too am getting this error. Reliably.

>It happens when I attempt to edit a class library.

>I am using an IBM i Series ThinkPad with the Apple LaserWriter IIg printer
>driver.

>This is very, very standard stuff.

>Question: do any of the updates which have been released help this at all.

>This problem makes development impossible.

>-Bob Gordon

Fri, 29 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Fatal Error: Exception Code: C0000005 (VFP 6.0)
It doesn't always crashes on the same place of the programs!!  There is
no rations behind the crashes!!!
Quote:

> Joseph,

> Does the form run if you just DO FORM from the command window? You said it only crashes
> sometimes, does that mean it runs a few times and then crashes? Have you tried using
> alternate printer drivers?

> df    - (Microsoft FoxPro MVP) http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/9834/

> >There is no grid in the form.  There are radios buttons and push
> >buttoms  not tieing to any data!!!  I am using STAR NX2430 printer
> >driver come!!!

Fri, 29 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Fatal Error: Exception Code: C0000005 (VFP 6.0)
I know the c05 crashes are frustrating. But you didn't say if you've tried using alternate
printer and/or video drivers. You need to isolate a sequence of events that will always
cause the failure before anyone can be of much more help.

df    - (Microsoft FoxPro MVP) http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/9834/

Quote:

>It doesn't always crashes on the same place of the programs!!  There is
>no rations behind the crashes!!!

>> Joseph,

>> Does the form run if you just DO FORM from the command window? You said it only crashes
>> sometimes, does that mean it runs a few times and then crashes? Have you tried using
>> alternate printer drivers?

>> df    - (Microsoft FoxPro MVP) http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/9834/

Fri, 29 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Fatal Error: Exception Code: C0000005 (VFP 6.0)
Two things I have found with this error. If its windows 95 it needs Dcom for
windows 95. If its NT4 or Windows 98 I have found closing a container from
within a container causes it.
Allen
Quote:
>It doesn't always crashes on the same place of the programs!!  There is
>no rations behind the crashes!!!

Fri, 29 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Fatal Error: Exception Code: C0000005 (VFP 6.0)
C05 is a memory leak error.  I got this error often in 3.0.  It was caused
by a missing null char in a memo field of the frx table.  MS seems to have
fixed it in 5.0

Mon, 02 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005

2. Fatal Error: Exception code=C0000005

3. Fatal error : Exception code = C0000005

4. Fatal error exception code = C0000005

5. Fatal Error Exception Code=C0000005

6. Fatal Error Exception Code C0000005 - Call Stack Query

7. Another Fatal Error Exception Code=C0000005!

8. Fatal error. Exception code = C0000005

9. Fatal error:Exception code=C0000005

10. About Fatal Error: Exception Code=C0000005

11. Fatal Error Exception code = C0000005 after execution

12. VFP6 SP5: Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005