Extracting Data from Grids
Author Message
 Extracting Data from Grids

How do you get data out from a Grid?

The scenario is this:
I have set the record source of my grid to an alias. I want the user to then
be able to select a record to edit or delete (command buttons outside the
grid). How can I get the command buttons to know which row in the grid is
selected to Delete or Edit the Record?
I thought
THISFORM.Grid1.Column1.Text1.Value would work but it always gives me the
same result (the first row I think).

Any ideas?

Wed, 26 May 2004 00:29:29 GMT
 Extracting Data from Grids
I normally just read the record source, alias, instead of the grid itself.

When A user selects a different record in a grid the record pointer in your
source or alias is moved also.

you can make changes to your source then refresh your grid.

Best regards, steve

Quote:
> How do you get data out from a Grid?

> The scenario is this:
> I have set the record source of my grid to an alias. I want the user to
then
> be able to select a record to edit or delete (command buttons outside the
> grid). How can I get the command buttons to know which row in the grid is
> selected to Delete or Edit the Record?
> I thought
> THISFORM.Grid1.Column1.Text1.Value would work but it always gives me the
> same result (the first row I think).

> Any ideas?

Wed, 26 May 2004 00:52:26 GMT

1. ODBC - extracting data from Access .MDB file

2. extracting data from foxpro2.0

3. Extracting data to excel

4. extracting data from a foxapp?

5. Extract data from delimited text file

6. Messaging and Workflow apps with VFP (aka Extracting data from Exchange)

7. Extract data from MS Excel spreadsheet to Foxpro 2.6 dbf format

8. How to extract the difference data records from two similar tables

9. Extract binary data from a file

10. Extracting data from remote Sql View

11. Extract Data From a Cursor Into a Textbox

12. Extracting Grid Values for Reports