Printing in Windows XP Embedded
Author Message
 Printing in Windows XP Embedded

I have an application (VFP7.0) running in Windows XP
Embedded. It works good but when I print a report the
program do nothing. No errors, no spool is created and no
report is printed. The preview and the printer prompt are
correctly displayed. the same program whith Windows XP
Home works correctly.
Sorry for my english.
I hope someone could help me.
Hi
Andrea

Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:51:08 GMT
 Printing in Windows XP Embedded
Andrea,

What Service Packs are you running for XP
Are they the same?

Quote:
> I have an application (VFP7.0) running in Windows XP
> Embedded. It works good but when I print a report the
> program do nothing. No errors, no spool is created and no
> report is printed. The preview and the printer prompt are
> correctly displayed. the same program whith Windows XP
> Home works correctly.
> Sorry for my english.
> I hope someone could help me.
> Hi
> Andrea

Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:58:10 GMT
 Printing in Windows XP Embedded

Hi Andrea:

Along with checking the Service Pack on Windows XP, you might want to try
the following:

1. Try printing to a different print device.
2. Delete and recreate the printer in Control Panel> Printers.
3. Can you print from Word or Excel or Notepad to this printer?
4. Is this a network printer? If so, try printing to a local printer.
5. Try creating a new exe that only has a REPORT FORM <formname> TO PRINTER
command in it and a simple report.  Does this print?
6. If you are using a custom EXE, check and make sure the runtime files
(VFP7r.dll and VFP7renu.dll) are the same version as the copy of Visual
FoxPro that you complied the exe under.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

<Subject: Re: Printing in Windows XP Embedded
<Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 08:58:10 -0700
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.fox.vfp.reports.printing

<Andrea,

<What Service Packs are you running for XP
<Are they the same?

Quote:

> I have an application (VFP7.0) running in Windows XP
> Embedded. It works good but when I print a report the
> program do nothing. No errors, no spool is created and no
> report is printed. The preview and the printer prompt are
> correctly displayed. the same program whith Windows XP
> Home works correctly.
> Sorry for my english.
> I hope someone could help me.
> Hi
> Andrea

Wed, 06 Jul 2005 05:50:24 GMT

1. Print in Win XP embedded

2. FOXPRO 2.6 PRINTING IN WINDOWS XP

3. FPW 2.5 Print in COM1 does not run in Windows XP

4. VFP 7.0, Windows 98, Windows XP

5. Migrating Foxpro 2.5 from Novell 3.2 to a windows 200 server environment on windows XP

6. Printing an Embedded Excel Chart

7. I cannot start vfp3.0 on Windows XP

8. application with Windows XP

9. Foxpro 2.6 FOR DOS and Windows XP

10. foxpro 2.6 and Windows XP

11. Fatal Error - VFP6 (US) On Windows 2000/XP (Taiwan Setting)

12. ODBC Driver for Windows XP