messagebox option
Author Message
 messagebox option

Help,
I have a form that allows the user to enter dates to search and output
results to a Cursor.
What I'd like to do is give the user a message box option, that will allow
the user to chose
between a detailed report and a summary report.
My code is in a command button on the form in the click events as follows:

SELECT *;
 FROM wmsg1!donoramt;
 WHERE Donoramt.don_date >= thisform.text1.value;
 .AND. Donoramt.don_date <= thisform.text2.value INTO CURSOR CuReport ORDER
BY Donoramt.last_name, Donoramt.Don_date

 count

 IF _TALLY >0

 *** Can I insert a messagebox here to give two out put report options,
(detailed report donoramt2b)
 *** or (summary report donoramt2a) and how?

 REPORT FORM DONORAMT2b PREVIEW

 ELSE

 MESSAGEBOX ("NO RECORDS FOUND THAT MATCH YOUR SEARCH, PLEASE TRY AGAIN.")

 ENDIF
 THISFORM.RELEASE
 RETURN

ThankX

Sun, 02 Jan 2005 21:04:22 GMT
 messagebox option
John

you could use a checkbox to allow the user to select.

messagebox is only able to return yes/no, cancel, abort

you could create your own messagebox to allow the user to select options
then print from there.

Quote:
> Help,
> I have a form that allows the user to enter dates to search and output
> results to a Cursor.
> What I'd like to do is give the user a message box option, that will allow
> the user to chose
> between a detailed report and a summary report.
> My code is in a command button on the form in the click events as follows:

> SELECT *;
>  FROM wmsg1!donoramt;
>  WHERE Donoramt.don_date >= thisform.text1.value;
>  .AND. Donoramt.don_date <= thisform.text2.value INTO CURSOR CuReport
ORDER
> BY Donoramt.last_name, Donoramt.Don_date

>  count

>  IF _TALLY >0

>  *** Can I insert a messagebox here to give two out put report options,
> (detailed report donoramt2b)
>  *** or (summary report donoramt2a) and how?

>  REPORT FORM DONORAMT2b PREVIEW

>  ELSE

>  MESSAGEBOX ("NO RECORDS FOUND THAT MATCH YOUR SEARCH, PLEASE TRY AGAIN.")

>  ENDIF
>  THISFORM.RELEASE
>  RETURN

> ThankX

Sun, 02 Jan 2005 21:38:04 GMT

1. vfp6 build options dialog box missing options?

2. Adding subclassed option buttons to an option group.

3. Adding subclassed option buttons to an option group.

4. Messagebox Text sizing

5. help button on messagebox

6. messagebox( )

7. MessageBox visual construction

8. Visual FoxPro v3.0b y WIN 3.X MESSAGEBOX (I need help)

9. Messageboxes - 1st, 2nd or 3rd person?

10. Help with messagebox()?

11. Source for MESSAGEBOX() needed...

12. MessageBox Title...