FoxPro 2.6 crashes on Pentium 4
Author Message
 FoxPro 2.6 crashes on Pentium 4

Hello,

FoxPro 2.6a for Windows doesn't work properly on a Pentium 4 (model 2Ghz
compaq evo) with Windows NT4 SP5. Our FoxPro 2.6a is "division by zero
patched" a few years ago.

I have tested this on several machines of the same configuration. I
experience the following problems: When I want to save a project
file, FoxPro stops responding. The same with generating an exe
file: After pressing 'build' and confirming the options, FoxPro 2.6
stops responding. With FoxPro 2.6 DOS it is worse: it won't even
start anymore.

Does anyone has the same problems? Is there a patch available?

Kind regards,

Frank Putman.

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 00:35:53 GMT
 FoxPro 2.6 crashes on Pentium 4
Frank,
How does it "not work properly"? I've been running FPD/FPW 2.x (2.5b and 2.6a) on a dual processor
Xeon 2.0gHz Compaq Evo Workstation for almost two years. At first I was running NT 4.0 SP6a and
since Oct 25th, 2001, I've been running XP Pro.

Are you using GenScrnX (or GenMenuX)? What are your CONFIG.FP(W) settings? How are you starting FPD?
(.LNK, .PIF, in a .BAT?)

Rick

Quote:

> Hello,

> FoxPro 2.6a for Windows doesn't work properly on a Pentium 4 (model 2Ghz
> compaq evo) with Windows NT4 SP5. Our FoxPro 2.6a is "division by zero
> patched" a few years ago.

> I have tested this on several machines of the same configuration. I
> experience the following problems: When I want to save a project
> file, FoxPro stops responding. The same with generating an exe
> file: After pressing 'build' and confirming the options, FoxPro 2.6
> stops responding. With FoxPro 2.6 DOS it is worse: it won't even
> start anymore.

> Does anyone has the same problems? Is there a patch available?

> Kind regards,

> Frank Putman.

> --

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 02:04:33 GMT
 FoxPro 2.6 crashes on Pentium 4

I'm not using GenScrnX (what is it?). I already tried everything with
different config.fp(w) settings. So far nothing worked. FPD: I tried to
start it in several ways like you suggested. If I start fox26.exe
directly it starts up in full screen mode, but the command window
doesn't respond to keystrokes. When I press alt-enter to go to window
mode and alt-enter to return to full screen mode, only then my
keystrokes appear ?!?

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 15:44:51 GMT
 FoxPro 2.6 crashes on Pentium 4
Frank,
GenScrnX is an add-on, to provide more features to the standard GenScrn program. Things like 3D,
tabs, drag-and-drop were all possibilities (especially in FPW). Note: It was conceived and written
by Ken Levy many years ago before his direct involvement with MS. If you don't use it, don't worry
about it!

Do you have a MEMLIMIT line in your config.fp(w) files? I've found that if FP tries to use more than
16mb, it can cause problems. I use:
MEMLIMIT = 60, 2048, 16384

Make sure that any and all subdirectories you specify in the config.fp(w) files actually exist. The
Temp file directories are very important.

I've found that especially with FPD, it's a good idea to use a .PIF with all the memory settings set
to Auto for the best results.

Rick

Quote:

> I'm not using GenScrnX (what is it?). I already tried everything with
> different config.fp(w) settings. So far nothing worked. FPD: I tried to
> start it in several ways like you suggested. If I start fox26.exe
> directly it starts up in full screen mode, but the command window
> doesn't respond to keystrokes. When I press alt-enter to go to window
> mode and alt-enter to return to full screen mode, only then my
> keystrokes appear ?!?

> --

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:39:54 GMT

1. Help on Foxpro DOS crash on a Pentium/Win95

2. FPD 2.6 on Pentium Pro & Pentium II

3. memory problem foxpro 2.6 and Pentium II 333 MHz Acer

4. FoxPro 2.6 Works on 300Mhz not 400Mhz Pentium 2

5. FoxPro 2.6 Works on 300Mhz not 400Mhz Pentium 2

6. Foxpro 2.6/NT/Pentium II, help!

7. Foxpro 2.6 and Pentium 333

8. Foxpro 2.6 on a Pentium

9. Foxpro 2.6 on Win98 (Pentium 3?)

10. Foxpro 2.6 for Win and Pentium PCs

11. Foxpro 2.6 and Pentium II 400/100 bus

12. FoxPro 2.6 and Pentium 200s