Error running custom Foxpro application
Author Message
 Error running custom Foxpro application

Hi,
I am trying to run a custom built Foxpro application
(built using version 6) that I received on a CD. (exe and
a number of dbf files). There is no Foxpro install on my
machine. I just copied the files from the CD to machine.
When I try to run the application (by double clicking on
the
exe in Windows explorer) I get a messge saying  "Cannot
locate the Microsoft Visual Foxpro Support Library".

Do I need to purchase & install Foxpro on the machine
before runnign the application or can I download a set of
"runtime support files" from somewhere that I can install.

Thanks,
John.

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:17:16 GMT
 Error running custom Foxpro application
There should be a setup.exe on the CD somewhere - click that and it should
install all files necessary

Quote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to run a custom built Foxpro application
> (built using version 6) that I received on a CD. (exe and
> a number of dbf files). There is no Foxpro install on my
> machine. I just copied the files from the CD to machine.
> When I try to run the application (by double clicking on
> the
> exe in Windows explorer) I get a messge saying  "Cannot
> locate the Microsoft Visual Foxpro Support Library".

> Do I need to purchase & install Foxpro on the machine
> before runnign the application or can I download a set of
> "runtime support files" from somewhere that I can install.

> Thanks,
> John.

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:45:02 GMT
 Error running custom Foxpro application
... it's not necessary
I propose a free application written in VFP6 in a single zip file
The file contains only 1 exe, 1 config.fpw file, the tables, the help file in
html, the ReadMe.txt and...

... the 3 dll : VFP6R.dll, VFP6RRNU.dll, VFP56RFRA.dll (in france)

--
Olivier (enlever les 3X pour la rponse)

Quote:
> There should be a setup.exe on the CD somewhere - click that and it should
> install all files necessary

> > Hi,
> > I am trying to run a custom built Foxpro application
> > (built using version 6) that I received on a CD. (exe and
> > a number of dbf files). There is no Foxpro install on my
> > machine. I just copied the files from the CD to machine.
> > When I try to run the application (by double clicking on
> > the
> > exe in Windows explorer) I get a messge saying  "Cannot
> > locate the Microsoft Visual Foxpro Support Library".

> > Do I need to purchase & install Foxpro on the machine
> > before runnign the application or can I download a set of
> > "runtime support files" from somewhere that I can install.

> > Thanks,
> > John.

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:01:47 GMT
 Error running custom Foxpro application
This really won't always work on every system. There are other files that the VFP DLLs depend on,
and if these aren't up to date, then you'll get symptoms from "funniness" to simply not working. A
good Install setup is ALWAYS necessary.

Rick

Quote:
> ... it's not necessary
> I propose a free application written in VFP6 in a single zip file
> The file contains only 1 exe, 1 config.fpw file, the tables, the help file in
> html, the ReadMe.txt and...

> ... the 3 dll : VFP6R.dll, VFP6RRNU.dll, VFP56RFRA.dll (in france)

> --
> Olivier (enlever les 3X pour la rponse)

> > There should be a setup.exe on the CD somewhere - click that and it should
> > install all files necessary

> > > Hi,
> > > I am trying to run a custom built Foxpro application
> > > (built using version 6) that I received on a CD. (exe and
> > > a number of dbf files). There is no Foxpro install on my
> > > machine. I just copied the files from the CD to machine.
> > > When I try to run the application (by double clicking on
> > > the
> > > exe in Windows explorer) I get a messge saying  "Cannot
> > > locate the Microsoft Visual Foxpro Support Library".

> > > Do I need to purchase & install Foxpro on the machine
> > > before runnign the application or can I download a set of
> > > "runtime support files" from somewhere that I can install.

> > > Thanks,
> > > John.

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:44:39 GMT

1. RUN/! command error in applications run on Windows95

2. Running FoxPro 2.5 Applications under Visual FoxPro

3. Starting an application via the command line vs Run|Application

4. Running Foxpro Application on Novell Lite

5. Application to run without FoxPro

6. problem in running application on foxpro in pentium mmx system

7. FOXPRO 2.6, Run Application Without Window Title bar?

8. Running another application from within Foxpro

9. FoxPro 2.6 application cannot run

10. problem in running application on foxpro in pentium mmx system

11. Running a windows 3.11 based application using visual foxpro 3.0

12. Trouble with Custom Help in an Application