Foxpro driven Receipt Printer
Author Message
 Foxpro driven Receipt Printer

Hi.  I've created a Point of Sale program using Foxpro 7.

I've just received a Wasp Receipt printer.  It uses very
basic Epson commands.  I've been able to come up with the
code to make the cutter bar and the cash drawer working
but I havent been able to get a decent report to print.
Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make this work.

Also, the receipt printer uses a the generic print driver
under windows.

Im using Windows 2000 on the development machine and all
the client machines.

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:53:31 GMT
 Foxpro driven Receipt Printer
IF you are using the generic print driver - make sure you select it when you
design the report (pagesetup/printer)

you will not be able to use any underlining, vertical lines, graphics or
changing fonts.

To prevent unpredictable results in spacings it helps making one variable
per line like for example

Padr(custno, 6) + " " + Padr(company, 30) + " " + Padr(address, 30)

etc.

HTH

Quote:
> Hi.  I've created a Point of Sale program using Foxpro 7.

> I've just received a Wasp Receipt printer.  It uses very
> basic Epson commands.  I've been able to come up with the
> code to make the cutter bar and the cash drawer working
> but I havent been able to get a decent report to print.
> Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make this work.

> Also, the receipt printer uses a the generic print driver
> under windows.

> Im using Windows 2000 on the development machine and all
> the client machines.

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:59:43 GMT
 Foxpro driven Receipt Printer
I selected the generic printer. Problem is that something
was to wrap even if it looks correct on the report.

Quote:

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:17:37 GMT
 Foxpro driven Receipt Printer
heya Mike -
have you tried a textmerge  - including the epson ascii escape sequences u
need?
then output your textmerge to file
then copy file to receipt printer...
[not talking about a report here]

lemme know...
hth - regards [Bill]

Quote:
> Hi.  I've created a Point of Sale program using Foxpro 7.

> I've just received a Wasp Receipt printer.  It uses very
> basic Epson commands.  I've been able to come up with the
> code to make the cutter bar and the cash drawer working
> but I havent been able to get a decent report to print.
> Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make this work.

> Also, the receipt printer uses a the generic print driver
> under windows.

> Im using Windows 2000 on the development machine and all
> the client machines.

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 00:39:11 GMT

1. How to print receipt using dot matrix printer?

2. converting form driven input to code driven input

3. FPW26: Cannot read from drive <drive>

4. exe wont run on net drive, works fine on local drive

5. Receipt slip print in half page

6. Print standard length receipt

7. what is the fastest way to print a Receipt

8. How VFP receipt data from PABX Telephone System

9. mapi.session - receipt requested

10. MAPI receipt request not working

11. MAPI Receipt Request not working

12. Receipt printing under FPW2.5, NT4