What's a good book for beginners in Visual FoxPro 7-8
Author Message
 What's a good book for beginners in Visual FoxPro 7-8

I have a few years of professional experience in programming with RPG, did
some Cobol, Pascal and Bascic.

Thanks in advance

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 05:25:00 GMT
 What's a good book for beginners in Visual FoxPro 7-8

Quote:
> I have a few years of professional experience in programming with
> RPG, did some Cobol, Pascal and Bascic.

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the Fox! Surf on over to www.hentzenwerke.com and have a look at
"The Fundamentals." After that read "Effective Techniques." Even though
these two books reference VFP6, the topics/features they cover haven't
changed much.

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 06:04:34 GMT
 What's a good book for beginners in Visual FoxPro 7-8
Thanks for the welcome Cindy and thanks for the links; I will visit them
right away! :-)

Quote:
> Hi Peter,

> Welcome to the Fox! Surf on over to www.hentzenwerke.com and have a look
at
> "The Fundamentals." After that read "Effective Techniques." Even though
> these two books reference VFP6, the topics/features they cover haven't
> changed much.

> --
> Cindy Winegarden  MCSD, Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 08:43:22 GMT
 What's a good book for beginners in Visual FoxPro 7-8
Hi Peter:

Much of the content of the book used in the course below is available online
at:

http://www.informit.com/isapi/n~{83E1D5C6-EEC3-4443-B4D5-8887921B0655}/free_
library/index.asp

(Watch the wrap.)

HTH,
O.J.

Quote:
> Hi Peter:

> Cindy's recommendation of the Hentzenwerke's site is some of the best
> advice you can get.  While it is not a book, you might want to look at
this
> online training:

> http://www.free-ed.net/fr03/lfc/030101/129/default.asp

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 09:14:18 GMT

1. Good beginner's book

2. Best book on FoxPro 2.6 for a beginner

3. Could some tell me a good beginner book

4. Best book for beginner ?

5. Looking for a good Foxpro Developer's book

6. Reccomendation for good Visual Foxpro 5 books

7. Beginner's database book

8. What's a good book for FPW?

9. Book for beginner learning FoxPro?

10. Beginner FoxPro 6 book recommendation please

11. Beginner's book on Visual FoxPro 3 for MAC???

12. Visual FoxPro or Visual Basic...Which is better?