printer status
Author Message
 printer status

I see that in C#, VB.Net et cetera it is possible to get a
reference to a printer object. Mind you, even Access 2000
has that possibility (for crying out loud!)

One of the features is that the status can be read from
there.
Ever since the fox entered the world of windows it has 2
obsolete function, sys(13) and printstatus().
They look at the spooler, not the printer in terms of
hardware.

Still I would like to know the exact status of the printer.
Getprinter API-call (in the winspool.drv) with the
PRINTER_INFO_2 does not return any useful info either.

Does anyone of you have a solution to get the status?

Boudewijn Lutgerink

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 19:08:36 GMT
 printer status
DECLARE INTEGER CreateDC IN Win32Api STRING, STRING, INTEGER, INTEGER
DECLARE INTEGER DeleteDC IN Win32Api INTEGER

cPrinter = Set("PRINTER",3)
hDC = CreateDC("WINSPOOL",cPrinter,0,0)
ThisForm.AxRTF.SelPrint(hDC)
DeleteDC(hDC)

-Anders

Quote:
> I see that in C#, VB.Net et cetera it is possible to get a
> reference to a printer object. Mind you, even Access 2000
> has that possibility (for crying out loud!)

> One of the features is that the status can be read from
> there.
> Ever since the fox entered the world of windows it has 2
> obsolete function, sys(13) and printstatus().
> They look at the spooler, not the printer in terms of
> hardware.

> Still I would like to know the exact status of the printer.
> Getprinter API-call (in the winspool.drv) with the
> PRINTER_INFO_2 does not return any useful info either.

> Does anyone of you have a solution to get the status?

> Boudewijn Lutgerink

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 20:12:20 GMT

1. No Printers Status

2. VFP6 Printer Status

3. No printer status

4. Check printer status

5. Printer Status

6. get printer status

7. Printer Status

8. Printer Status Window

9. Printer Status

10. Status Bar Control and Status Bar Text

11. FPW2.6 printing to network printer w/SET DEVICE TO PRINTER

12. Wanted: IBM Portable Printer 5183 Printer Driver or equivalent