combo box
Author Message
 combo box

I have a combo box. When I down-click it the subsequent selection area
'width' is much wider than the combo box itself (due to the underlying
data field is c(254).   This only occurs when the font is 'courier
new' and not with 'arial'.

How can I keep the drop-down selection 'width' the same as the combo
box itself always using any font?

THX
Mike Farnesi

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 02:47:44 GMT
 combo box
Mike,
You can control this width by setting value(s) in the ColumnWidths property, rather than letting it
default.

Rick

Quote:
> I have a combo box. When I down-click it the subsequent selection area
> 'width' is much wider than the combo box itself (due to the underlying
> data field is c(254).   This only occurs when the font is 'courier
> new' and not with 'arial'.

> How can I keep the drop-down selection 'width' the same as the combo
> box itself always using any font?

> THX
> Mike Farnesi

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 03:13:03 GMT
 combo box
Hello Mike:
set the column count property to 2
set columnwidths to 80,0  &&& 80 or What ever size you want
set columnlines to .F.
Good Luck
Mohammed
www.imaginecorp.com/whatwedo.htm

Quote:
> I have a combo box. When I down-click it the subsequent selection area
> 'width' is much wider than the combo box itself (due to the underlying
> data field is c(254).   This only occurs when the font is 'courier
> new' and not with 'arial'.

> How can I keep the drop-down selection 'width' the same as the combo
> box itself always using any font?

> THX
> Mike Farnesi

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 03:07:52 GMT

1. Combo Box with style property set to dropdown combo

2. Combo-box auto drop the list box

3. Text Box (Combo Box) help

4. List Box that behaves like a Combo Box in VFP 5.0

5. combo box, formatting a text box

6. Combo Box Problems!!!

7. combo box display

8. Help : change color item in Combo Box

9. combo box problem

10. Help With Combo Boxes

11. negative numbers in combo box?

12. combo box - how to?