Map field to classes/display library work around needed.
Author Message
 Map field to classes/display library work around needed.

Lew,

I made my life much easier by using the exact same directory structure, with
all files on a single drive. This allows you to much more easily move
between a desktop/network drive and the notebook drive. When VFP has to
change drives it ends up hardcoding fullpaths.

You can use regedit to export the default classes subtree and use that to
help move changes from one machine to another.
--
df    - (Microsoft FoxPro MVP) http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:

> The display library setting for this feature only uses absolute paths to
> class libs. This means that when I copy projects back & forth between
> desktop & laptop, VFP loses the ability to find them. Worse is that, when
> try to work with these settings, the stuff vfp can't find is cleared out,
so
> when I get back to my original machine, the settings must be entered
again.
> Very annoying and inconsistent with the rest of the project manager's
> interface.

Fri, 21 Feb 2003 02:55:50 GMT

1. Managing Classes with Class Browser - I cannot copy a class from one class library to another

2. Finding text inside class libraries (GREP doesn't work)

3. Default class libraries and dragging fields to a form

4. Default class libraries and dragging fields to a form

5. 'class not found' displaying general field

6. VFP 6 Class browser bombs when opening a VFP 5 class library

7. Relocating a class to another class library

8. Adding a Class to a Class Library Under Program Control

9. VFP - Adding Classes to Class Libraries from .prg files

10. How to alter baseclass for class in class library (vcx-file))

11. Work around requery problem

12. working around character limitations