I have a table with 7 rows.
The report prints
row 1 three times
row 2 one time
row 3 nine times
row 4 one time
row 5 one time
row 6 one time

The report contains one group which is based on a sales order number.
All rows are printed by the same detail band row.
Each table row should only print one time within the correct sales order
group.

My table is correct.  The report is repeating rows in the table.  The
repeated rows have the same count each time the report is run.

Why does this happen?  How do I fix it?
Thank you,
Steve

Sun, 24 Apr 2005 01:48:17 GMT
 lines repeated in detail band
Hey Steve,

You don't by any chance have a relation set with SET SKIP turned on do you?

- John

Quote:
> I have a table with 7 rows.
> The report prints
> row 1 three times
> row 2 one time
> row 3 nine times
> row 4 one time
> row 5 one time
> row 6 one time

> The report contains one group which is based on a sales order number.
> All rows are printed by the same detail band row.
> Each table row should only print one time within the correct sales order
> group.

> My table is correct.  The report is repeating rows in the table.  The
> repeated rows have the same count each time the report is run.

> Why does this happen?  How do I fix it?
> Thank you,
> Steve

Sun, 24 Apr 2005 02:32:12 GMT
 lines repeated in detail band

To go a little further with what John said, this behavior can also happen
when you've got the wrong table selected when you run the report.

Quote:
> You don't by any chance have a relation set with SET SKIP turned on
> do you?

> > I have a table with 7 rows.
> > The report prints
> > row 1 three times
> > row 2 one time
> > row 3 nine times
> > row 4 one time
> > row 5 one time
> > row 6 one time

Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:23:08 GMT
 lines repeated in detail band
Hi Steven:

Quote:
> I have a table with 7 rows.
> The report prints
> row 1 three times
> row 2 one time
> row 3 nine times
> row 4 one time
> row 5 one time
> row 6 one time

> The report contains one group which is based on a sales order number.
> All rows are printed by the same detail band row.
> Each table row should only print one time within the correct sales order
> group.

> My table is correct.  The report is repeating rows in the table.  The
> repeated rows have the same count each time the report is run.

> Why does this happen?  How do I fix it?
> Thank you,
> Steve

Along with what everyone else said, check the fields int he detail band.
Do they have the proper alias listed in front of each field name?  Also,
are you using a data environment with the report?  If so, does it contain
the correct tables and relations (if applicable)?

Does the report have or need a private data session?  If using a data
environment, check the InitiallySelectedAlias property to make sure it is
correct.  If you run the report outside the application, do you still get
the error?

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

Wed, 04 May 2005 04:14:12 GMT

1. Group footer same height as detail band (when it should be 0)

2. How to limit the height for detail band

3. detail band

4. Spanning details footer band across pages

5. Detail - Constant band height

6. VFP 6.0 report detail band size problem

7. Detail band too large

8. detail band too large

9. - Detail band inconsistencies continue to irritate me and my client

10. Printing Blank Report Detail bands ?

11. Report detail band question

12. DDE - Connect Failure and Report detail band