Good Accounting Programming in VFP6
Author Message
 Good Accounting Programming in VFP6

I need some advice from all you VFP6 programmers on a good, object-oriented,
source code obtainable, Accounting programming written in VFP6.  I have
looked at SBT Pro version 6 but it doesn't take advantage of the VFP
language.  I need an Accounting program that was written with VFP in mind
from the start.  Thanks for your help and information.

James Trogdon

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Good Accounting Programming in VFP6
Look out Visual Accountmate...  I've worked on it.  I know it's expensive
and made in vfp6, they have a LAN and SQL version, but that's all I know...

Marie.

Quote:

> I need some advice from all you VFP6 programmers on a good,
object-oriented,
> source code obtainable, Accounting programming written in VFP6.  I have
> looked at SBT Pro version 6 but it doesn't take advantage of the VFP
> language.  I need an Accounting program that was written with VFP in mind
> from the start.  Thanks for your help and information.

> James Trogdon

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Good Accounting Programming in VFP6

There's a program called VFP2000 that's written in VFP and supplies source
code with it.  I never got enough time to really evaluate it, but if VFP is
what you want, the downloadable demo was free.  Unfortunately, I don't have
the site handy, but I know they've advertised in past FoxPro Advisors.

HTH,

John

Quote:
> I need some advice from all you VFP6 programmers on a good,
object-oriented,
> source code obtainable, Accounting programming written in VFP6.  I have
> looked at SBT Pro version 6 but it doesn't take advantage of the VFP
> language.  I need an Accounting program that was written with VFP in mind
> from the start.  Thanks for your help and information.

> James Trogdon

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Good Accounting Programming in VFP6

Start writing!

IMO all the accounting apps out there are just compiled in VFP and take 20%
advantage of Visual in VFP.  The other 80% is hand me down code from
FoxBASE, clipper, dbase, quicksilver, etc type languages.

Are you going to sell one?  if so any of them are ok.

SBT gives you 100% source, SBT is for Sad But True.  Accountmate gives you
partial source and is tough to make changes if the call is in their private
code base.  VFP2000 I have no experience with.

__Stephen

Quote:
> I need some advice from all you VFP6 programmers on a good,
object-oriented,
> source code obtainable, Accounting programming written in VFP6.  I have
> looked at SBT Pro version 6 but it doesn't take advantage of the VFP
> language.  I need an Accounting program that was written with VFP in mind
> from the start.  Thanks for your help and information.

> James Trogdon

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Good Accounting Programming in VFP6
perhaps http://www.fermen.com/ wud bring you to vfp2000

Quote:
> There's a program called VFP2000 that's written in VFP and supplies source
> code with it.  I never got enough time to really evaluate it, but if VFP
is
> what you want, the downloadable demo was free.  Unfortunately, I don't
have
> the site handy, but I know they've advertised in past FoxPro Advisors.

> HTH,

> John

> > I need some advice from all you VFP6 programmers on a good,
> object-oriented,
> > source code obtainable, Accounting programming written in VFP6.  I have
> > looked at SBT Pro version 6 but it doesn't take advantage of the VFP
> > language.  I need an Accounting program that was written with VFP in
mind
> > from the start.  Thanks for your help and information.

> > James Trogdon

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 02:02:25 GMT
 Good Accounting Programming in VFP6

Quote:
>>Start writing!

And take the next five years to develop a system that your customer will be
the beta tester for and end up suing you in the end.

-- John Kiernan,
KierPro Associates
Custom SBT Pro Programming and Training
www.kierpro.com

Quote:

> Start writing!

> IMO all the accounting apps out there are just compiled in VFP and take
20%
> advantage of Visual in VFP.  The other 80% is hand me down code from
> FoxBASE, clipper, dbase, quicksilver, etc type languages.

> Are you going to sell one?  if so any of them are ok.

> SBT gives you 100% source, SBT is for Sad But True.  Accountmate gives you
> partial source and is tough to make changes if the call is in their
private
> code base.  VFP2000 I have no experience with.

> __Stephen

> > I need some advice from all you VFP6 programmers on a good,
> object-oriented,
> > source code obtainable, Accounting programming written in VFP6.  I have
> > looked at SBT Pro version 6 but it doesn't take advantage of the VFP
> > language.  I need an Accounting program that was written with VFP in
mind
> > from the start.  Thanks for your help and information.

> > James Trogdon

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Good Accounting Programming in VFP6

YOU DON'T WANT to get me started on SBT.  My last gig was doing an ERP
between SBT & TIW for a manufacturing plant.  I have only seen such pathetic
code from ex-military programmers or people that still had the "size limit"
to a prg file.  The ex-military people do a better job by the way.

Some of my favorite issues in dealing with SAD BUT TRUE.

Q: Why use a history file that keeps concurrent track of open business while
the item is still open?
A1: We are Union Happy with a heck of a where clause!
A2: Disk Space is so cheap why are you complaining?
A3: We don't think that FoxPro is fast enough to use and index on
empty('CURRENT')

Q: Are you sure we need different company data files for each company or can
we use a new column CONO instead?
A: Too confusing for our resellers to comprehend.

Q: Why is there report fields from arrays and not tables or cursors?
A: To confuse everyone!

Q: Why are the passwords not encrypted?
A: At 750.00 per module you wanted encryption too?

Tag, your it.

__Stephen

Quote:
> >>Start writing!

> And take the next five years to develop a system that your customer will
be
> the beta tester for and end up suing you in the end.

> -- John Kiernan,
> KierPro Associates
> Custom SBT Pro Programming and Training
> www.kierpro.com

> > Start writing!

> > IMO all the accounting apps out there are just compiled in VFP and take
> 20%
> > advantage of Visual in VFP.  The other 80% is hand me down code from
> > FoxBASE, clipper, dbase, quicksilver, etc type languages.

> > Are you going to sell one?  if so any of them are ok.

> > SBT gives you 100% source, SBT is for Sad But True.  Accountmate gives
you
> > partial source and is tough to make changes if the call is in their
> private
> > code base.  VFP2000 I have no experience with.

> > __Stephen

> > > I need some advice from all you VFP6 programmers on a good,
> > object-oriented,
> > > source code obtainable, Accounting programming written in VFP6.  I
have
> > > looked at SBT Pro version 6 but it doesn't take advantage of the VFP
> > > language.  I need an Accounting program that was written with VFP in
> mind
> > > from the start.  Thanks for your help and information.

> > > James Trogdon

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Good Accounting Programming in VFP6
Each to their own Stephen.

Nick

Quote:
> YOU DON'T WANT to get me started on SBT.  My last gig was doing an ERP
> between SBT & TIW for a manufacturing plant.  I have only seen such
pathetic
> code from ex-military programmers or people that still had the "size
limit"
> to a prg file.  The ex-military people do a better job by the way.

> Some of my favorite issues in dealing with SAD BUT TRUE.

> Q: Why use a history file that keeps concurrent track of open business
while
> the item is still open?
> A1: We are Union Happy with a heck of a where clause!
> A2: Disk Space is so cheap why are you complaining?
> A3: We don't think that FoxPro is fast enough to use and index on
> empty('CURRENT')

> Q: Are you sure we need different company data files for each company or
can
> we use a new column CONO instead?
> A: Too confusing for our resellers to comprehend.

> Q: Why is there report fields from arrays and not tables or cursors?
> A: To confuse everyone!

> Q: Why are the passwords not encrypted?
> A: At 750.00 per module you wanted encryption too?

> Tag, your it.

> __Stephen

> > And take the next five years to develop a system that your customer will
> be
> > the beta tester for and end up suing you in the end.

> > -- John Kiernan,
> > KierPro Associates
> > Custom SBT Pro Programming and Training
> > www.kierpro.com

> > > Start writing!

> > > IMO all the accounting apps out there are just compiled in VFP and
take
> > 20%
> > > advantage of Visual in VFP.  The other 80% is hand me down code from
> > > FoxBASE, clipper, dbase, quicksilver, etc type languages.

> > > Are you going to sell one?  if so any of them are ok.

> > > SBT gives you 100% source, SBT is for Sad But True.  Accountmate gives
> you
> > > partial source and is tough to make changes if the call is in their
> > private
> > > code base.  VFP2000 I have no experience with.

> > > __Stephen

> > > object-oriented,
> have
> > mind

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:33:26 GMT

1. Best approach to accounting in VFP?

2. Needs good accounting sofware (having paroll / timesheet)

3. Accounting programs

4. Accounting Programs for FoxPro

5. New Accounting Program

6. WANT TO BUY USED ACCOUNTING PROGRAM FPW 2.6 (Source Code)

7. ACCOUNTING programming books for xbase?

8. need account demo program.

9. Accounting and those Accounting pronciples?

10. Recommendations for good books about FoxPro4Win programming

11. Best Caching Program For Foxpro2.5

12. A good graphing program for VFP 6