ODBC Run-Time Error
Author Message
 ODBC Run-Time Error

I'm running FoxPro tables under a VB 6.0 app I'm writing.  When I bundle
everything up with the Packaging and Deployment Wizard and send it to my
client, he gets the error:

Run-time error '-2147217900(80040e14)':
[Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]SQL: Column 'USER_NAME' is not found.

This table and field name exist, so I'm assuming that I'm missing some
run-time component.  Which one is it, and how do I include it in the
Packaging and Deployement Wizard?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 06:14:27 GMT
 ODBC Run-Time Error
Hello, Curt!
You wrote  on Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:14:27 -0500:

 CE> Run-time error '-2147217900(80040e14)':
 CE> [Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]SQL: Column 'USER_NAME' is not
 CE> found.

 CE> This table and field name exist, so I'm assuming that I'm missing some
 CE> run-time component.  Which one is it, and how do I include it in the
 CE> Packaging and Deployement Wizard?  Thanks in advance for your help.

I don't think this has something to do with a runtime component. Are you
really sure the sql statement is correct? I'd double check that first.
---
Eric den Doop

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 06:46:55 GMT
 ODBC Run-Time Error
It has to be, because I'm running it on my side all the time.  You need the
query to log in, and I have my development environment set so that I have to
log in every time.

So because it works perfectly here but fails when I send it to him, I've
concluded it's not the SQL.

It makes sense to me that I would have to include something to connect the
VB to FoxPro tables, but I'm not sure what.

Quote:
> Hello, Curt!
> You wrote  on Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:14:27 -0500:

>  CE> Run-time error '-2147217900(80040e14)':
>  CE> [Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]SQL: Column 'USER_NAME' is not
>  CE> found.

>  CE> This table and field name exist, so I'm assuming that I'm missing
some
>  CE> run-time component.  Which one is it, and how do I include it in the
>  CE> Packaging and Deployement Wizard?  Thanks in advance for your help.

> I don't think this has something to do with a runtime component. Are you
> really sure the sql statement is correct? I'd double check that first.
> ---
> Eric den Doop
> www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts - Powered By VFP8

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 08:01:19 GMT
 ODBC Run-Time Error
Is it possible that the user has a different version of the FoxPro table?

I would check the connection string, and make sure the full path resolves to
the same DBF/DBC file in the network for the user.

HTH,
Crescencio

Quote:
> It has to be, because I'm running it on my side all the time.  You need
the
> query to log in, and I have my development environment set so that I have
> log in every time.

> So because it works perfectly here but fails when I send it to him, I've
> concluded it's not the SQL.

> It makes sense to me that I would have to include something to connect the
> VB to FoxPro tables, but I'm not sure what.

> > Hello, Curt!
> > You wrote  on Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:14:27 -0500:

> >  CE> Run-time error '-2147217900(80040e14)':
> >  CE> [Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]SQL: Column 'USER_NAME' is
not
> >  CE> found.

> >  CE> This table and field name exist, so I'm assuming that I'm missing
> some
> >  CE> run-time component.  Which one is it, and how do I include it in
the
> >  CE> Packaging and Deployement Wizard?  Thanks in advance for your help.

> > I don't think this has something to do with a runtime component. Are you
> > really sure the sql statement is correct? I'd double check that first.
> > ---
> > Eric den Doop
> > www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts - Powered By VFP8

Tue, 06 Sep 2005 00:01:50 GMT

1. ODBC without DSN...first time connect error

2. VFP/DB2 ODBC Time Error

3. Insufficient Memory error at Run time

4. On-Line Docs gives run-time error 2004

5. run time .exe error

6. Run-time EXE Error

7. Run-Time error.

8. FP 5.0 Documentation - 424 run time error

9. FPW 2.6 and run-time error R6003

10. ODBC Error when running Crystal Reports from a VFP form

11. VFP 5.0 Running a Form with no run-time window

12. Connectivity error:[Microsoft ODBC Driver Manager]Function sequence error