Printing using set device to and set printer on
Author Message
 Printing using set device to and set printer on

Hi,

does anyone have a fix for the print job not finishing
until you exit vfp6 when you use "set device to" and "set
printer on"  ? to print plain text?

For example:

set device to printer
set printer on prompt
? "foobar"
set printer to
set device to screen

will only print the text until after I have exited vfp6.

Thanks in advance - Tien

Sun, 12 Dec 2004 01:07:43 GMT
 Printing using set device to and set printer on
You have to tell Windows that the print job is over. To do that you simply
add a

SET PRINTER TO

at the right place.

It also will Eject the page so an

EJECT
SET PRINTER TO

at the end of the printjob will give you a blank extra page.

Quote:
> Hi,

> does anyone have a fix for the print job not finishing
> until you exit vfp6 when you use "set device to" and "set
> printer on"  ? to print plain text?

> For example:

> set device to printer
> set printer on prompt
> ? "foobar"
> set printer to
> set device to screen

> will only print the text until after I have exited vfp6.

> Thanks in advance - Tien

Sun, 12 Dec 2004 01:35:16 GMT

1. FPW2.6 printing to network printer w/SET DEVICE TO PRINTER

2. set device to printer prompt ?

3. SET DEVICE TO PRINTER

4. Set printer or device to file

5. Problem: Set device to printer

6. Using SET PRINTER TO NAME and printing reports

7. Using Win32api to get the device color setting

8. Setting a print device

9. ? Set Device To Print -Reply

10. ? Set Device To Print -Reply

11. ? Set Device To Print

12. SET DEVICE TO PRINT ignored on NT 4.0