number of columns in report
Author Message
 number of columns in report

Is there a chance to change dynamicly number of columns in
the report ?
I have cursor with 9 columns. User wants only to print 3
of them. And i have form with checkboxes that user have to
check to print some of the columns or all of them. I want
to make report that will only have the checked columns
(checkboxes).
If there is anybody that can help me .....

Thenx in advance

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 00:54:38 GMT
 number of columns in report
Hi Straba:

The only way I can think to accomplish this task is to open the report as a
table and use the data in the table to modify the layout of the report.  To
accomplish this, you need to know the structure of the FRX file and what
each field contains.  To obtain detailed information of the FRX table
structure, print the 60Frx1.frx and 60Frx2.frx reports.  These files are in
the Vfp7\Tools\Filespec folder.

To simplify matters, I suggest you make a simple report form with only
three columns and practice on this file until you become familiar with the
data you need to change.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

Quote:
>Is there a chance to change dynamicly number of columns in
>the report ?
>I have cursor with 9 columns. User wants only to print 3
>of them. And i have form with checkboxes that user have to
>check to print some of the columns or all of them. I want
>to make report that will only have the checked columns
>(checkboxes).
>If there is anybody that can help me .....
>Thenx in advance

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 02:25:43 GMT
 number of columns in report
For a totally different approach, do the report in Excel. Make a "template",
fill in the data/columns you want, and then delete the other columns.

http://mdsn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro  http://foxcentral.net

Quote:
> Is there a chance to change dynamicly number of columns in
> the report ?
> I have cursor with 9 columns. User wants only to print 3
> of them. And i have form with checkboxes that user have to
> check to print some of the columns or all of them. I want
> to make report that will only have the checked columns
> (checkboxes).

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 02:31:33 GMT
 number of columns in report

You could make use of the "when" clause in each field you have defined
on your report.
Save the value from you checkbox to a normal variable e.g.
llPrintColumn3=thisform.checkbox3.value
before using the report .. to print

Then in the whenbox in your reportfield use llPrintColumn3

Quote:
>Is there a chance to change dynamicly number of columns in
>the report ?
>I have cursor with 9 columns. User wants only to print 3
>of them. And i have form with checkboxes that user have to
>check to print some of the columns or all of them. I want
>to make report that will only have the checked columns
>(checkboxes).
>If there is anybody that can help me .....

>Thenx in advance

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 07:56:47 GMT
 number of columns in report
The simplest approach would be to create as many reports as you need.

Quote:
> Is there a chance to change dynamicly number of columns in
> the report ?
> I have cursor with 9 columns. User wants only to print 3
> of them. And i have form with checkboxes that user have to
> check to print some of the columns or all of them. I want
> to make report that will only have the checked columns
> (checkboxes).
> If there is anybody that can help me .....

> Thenx in advance

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:52:21 GMT
 number of columns in report
Hi
I have object for change number of columns

I send ...

Quote:
> Is there a chance to change dynamicly number of columns in
> the report ?
> I have cursor with 9 columns. User wants only to print 3
> of them. And i have form with checkboxes that user have to
> check to print some of the columns or all of them. I want
> to make report that will only have the checked columns
> (checkboxes).
> If there is anybody that can help me .....

> Thenx in advance

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 07:10:06 GMT
 number of columns in report
Many thanks Perez, but I didn't get anything.

Quote:

mensaje

>> > Is there a chance to change dynamicly number of
columns in
>> > the report ?
>> > I have cursor with 9 columns. User wants only to
print 3
>> > of them. And i have form with checkboxes that user
have to
>> > check to print some of the columns or all of them. I
want
>> > to make report that will only have the checked columns
>> > (checkboxes).
>> > If there is anybody that can help me .....

>> > Thenx in advance

Thu, 01 Sep 2005 03:42:37 GMT
 number of columns in report
Hi Neyger, it seems like an cool object, can I upload to PortalFox.com?

--
Apoya a Visual FoxPro usndolo legalmente
?,?o`o?,??,?o`o?,??,?o`o?,??,?o`o

Acapulco, Guerrero. Mxico
---

Quote:

>>Hi
>>I have object for change number of columns

>>I send ...

>>>Is there a chance to change dynamicly number of columns in
>>>the report ?
>>>I have cursor with 9 columns. User wants only to print 3
>>>of them. And i have form with checkboxes that user have to
>>>check to print some of the columns or all of them. I want
>>>to make report that will only have the checked columns
>>>(checkboxes).
>>>If there is anybody that can help me .....

>>>Thenx in advance

Wed, 14 Sep 2005 05:41:33 GMT
 number of columns in report
tengo algunas modificaciones si quieres te las mando .. !

Quote:
> Hi Neyger, it seems like an cool object, can I upload to PortalFox.com?

> --
> Apoya a Visual FoxPro usndolo legalmente
> ?,?o`o?,??,?o`o?,??,?o`o?,??,?o`o
> Espartaco Palma Martnez
> SysOp PortalFox ( http://www.PortalFox.com )

> Acapulco, Guerrero. Mxico
> ---

> >>Hi
> >>I have object for change number of columns

> >>I send ...

Wed, 14 Sep 2005 06:29:51 GMT
 number of columns in report
I've received your files, It well be at PortalFox.com soon, thanks!

--
Apoya a Visual FoxPro usndolo legalmente
?,?o`o?,??,?o`o?,??,?o`o?,??,?o`o
Espartaco Palma Martnez
SysOp PortalFox ( http://www.PortalFox.com )

Acapulco, Guerrero. Mxico
---

Quote:

> tengo algunas modificaciones si quieres te las mando .. !

>>Hi Neyger, it seems like an cool object, can I upload to PortalFox.com?

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 01:28:14 GMT

1. Programming number of report columns in VFP3.0 or 5.0

2. Detecting column in Multi-column reports

3. any number columns

4. Numeric column display - number base

5. VFP5 report problem: Moving columns report

6. Report page number across multiple report forms

7. Report column balancing

8. multi-column and row in report writer

9. Reports and Columns

10. Reports > 80 columns in F

11. Column reports:How to prevent skipping to top

12. Need help getting totals under columns in Report Writer