Printer Driver Setup in Report Form - FPD2.6A
Author Message
 Printer Driver Setup in Report Form - FPD2.6A

Hi folks

I am novice in FPD2.6A.  I use report form generator recently, and when I come
across quite a wide page - about 160 characters wide, I need to send control
code to our EPSON printer - ESC M for 12cpi - using ??? chr(27)+'M' before I use
the report form to print command statment, and after the printout,  to use ???
chr(27)+'P' to release the compression. (cumbersome...)

I was told that in report form, under page layout, I can specify to use printer
driver setup.  But even I specified a new printer driver, with 12cpi marked and
A3 paper size, and also the printer driver setup box checked, the printout to
the printer does not gives the 12cpi printing as expected.  Is there anywhere I
need to specify the use of the printer driver before reporting output.

I am actually writing code for standalone exe, how can I go about this.

Many thanks in advance for the help.

Sat, 24 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer Driver Setup in Report Form - FPD2.6A

You will need to do a couple of things:

Make sure there is a foxuser.dbf file  with the defined pdsetup active (SET
RESOURCE TO/SET RESOURCE ON)
Make sure you are using the REPORT FORM PDSETUP clause in order to cause
the system to use the pdsetup that you specified in thereport.

Joyce

Quote:
> Hi folks

> I am novice in FPD2.6A.  I use report form generator recently, and when I
come
> across quite a wide page - about 160 characters wide, I need to send
control
> code to our EPSON printer - ESC M for 12cpi - using ??? chr(27)+'M'
before I use
> the report form to print command statment, and after the printout,  to
use ???
> chr(27)+'P' to release the compression. (cumbersome...)

> I was told that in report form, under page layout, I can specify to use
printer
> driver setup.  But even I specified a new printer driver, with 12cpi
marked and
> A3 paper size, and also the printer driver setup box checked, the
printout to
> the printer does not gives the 12cpi printing as expected.  Is there
anywhere I
> need to specify the use of the printer driver before reporting output.

> I am actually writing code for standalone exe, how can I go about this.

> Many thanks in advance for the help.

Sat, 24 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer Driver Setup in Report Form - FPD2.6A

When you setup the report form, the print driver info is stored in the
report form.. Also when you call the report, use the PDSETUP option..

Quote:
> Hi folks

> I am novice in FPD2.6A.  I use report form generator recently, and when I
come
> across quite a wide page - about 160 characters wide, I need to send
control
> code to our EPSON printer - ESC M for 12cpi - using ??? chr(27)+'M'
before I use
> the report form to print command statment, and after the printout,  to
use ???
> chr(27)+'P' to release the compression. (cumbersome...)

> I was told that in report form, under page layout, I can specify to use
printer
> driver setup.  But even I specified a new printer driver, with 12cpi
marked and
> A3 paper size, and also the printer driver setup box checked, the
printout to
> the printer does not gives the 12cpi printing as expected.  Is there
anywhere I
> need to specify the use of the printer driver before reporting output.

> I am actually writing code for standalone exe, how can I go about this.

> Many thanks in advance for the help.

Sun, 25 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. printer driver setup in FPD2.6A

2. FPD 2.6a :can't change printer driver setups

3. Printer drivers for FPD2.6?

4. FPD2.6 printer driver

5. printing BMP with FPD2.6a and Epson printers

6. Printer drivers for FPD2.6?

7. Report forms and Printer drivers

8. Printer Driver Corrupted FPW2.6a

9. Printer driver (FP 2.6A)

10. Printer Driver Setup(PDSETUP) problems - HELP!!!!!

11. Printer Setup problem in FPW2.6a executables

12. HELP!FPD2.6 report and printer control