Combo in grid displays 'controlsource', will not display 'recordsource'
Author Message
 Combo in grid displays 'controlsource', will not display 'recordsource'

It sounds like you need to set the column's sparse to .F.  Your post looks
okay for the active cell's combo, but it's probably the inactive rows that
are showing the controlsource value, right?

> The combo will list the job descriptions ok, but when you select from the
> combo the column displays the  'JobCode' (the combo control source) rather
> than the text in 'JobDesc' (the combo rowsource).

> In the init of the grid I have the following code :

> * Set coulmn properties
> This.column2.ControlSource = 'employee.code'
> This.column2.Bound = .T.
> * Add combo for selecting a 'job description'
> This.column2.AddObject('cboJobDesc','combobox')
> This.column2.CurrentControl= 'cboJobDesc'              && Set as active
> control
> This.column2.cboJobDesc.RowSourceType = 6         && Fields
> This.column2.cboJobDesc.RowSource = 'jobcodes.jobdesc, jobcode'
> This.column2.cboJobDesc.DisplayValue = 1
> This.column2.cboJobDesc.BoundColumn = 2

Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Combo in grid displays 'controlsource', will not display 'recordsource'

2. 'class not found' displaying general field

3. textbox controlsource off and on in code - some tb don't display

4. Asterisk display by using '@...get'

5. combo box won't display all items

6. Displaying SQL datetime value's date portion in grid

7. Newbie has ? Grid won't display data

8. Grid record source has records, but they won't display

9. Display zero's as blank in a grid

10. can't display grid records

11. Repost 'Combo box mystery'

12. GetFile('dbf','Filename','Select',0,'Get my file') is Slow