error 15 not a table/dbf
Author Message
 error 15 not a table/dbf

I also looked in the fox KB but it can't help.
Does anybody know if it is possible to fix the header error or the
corruption of a DBF?
thanks in advance
Max

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 error 15 not a table/dbf
Check out the stuff on www.abri.com or www.stonefield.com.

Larry Miller

Quote:

>I also looked in the fox KB but it can't help.
>Does anybody know if it is possible to fix the header error or the
>corruption of a DBF?
>thanks in advance
>Max

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 error 15 not a table/dbf
I use a product called Recover by Abri Technologies (www.abri.com) and it
works great for this stuff.
Cathy

--
Cathy Ciciulla Neppel
Omaha, NE

Quote:

>I also looked in the fox KB but it can't help.
>Does anybody know if it is possible to fix the header error or the
>corruption of a DBF?
>thanks in advance
>Max

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 error 15 not a table/dbf
If your table is dBase IV or FPD2.6, or least, you might try FILEFIX.EXE
included with the old norton utilities (for DOS, remember), it includes a
wise screen to repair, redefine from scratch or even cut and paste the
header section from one table into another one which is corrupted.
Otherwise, you could check www.abri.com. in order to fix  the newer DBF
versions.

Greetings from Argentina
Carlos A. Prez

Quote:
>I also looked in the fox KB but it can't help.
>Does anybody know if it is possible to fix the header error or the
>corruption of a DBF?
>thanks in advance
>Max

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 error 15 not a table/dbf

Quote:
> I also looked in the fox KB but it can't help.
> Does anybody know if it is possible to fix the header error or the
> corruption of a DBF?
> thanks in advance
> Max

In FPW2.6 we have discovered that problem as only a difference of the
numbers of records in the header and the real amount of records. In
almost any cases the number in the header was one time larger. In my
understanding, this whill be happened when a record is written to the the
disk, first the header is updated and than the writing crashes.

It is not very difficult to write a small procedure in foxpro to
manipulte the header and decrease the recordnumber be one. We have done
this in the error handler when traping error 15 and trying to open the
table again. All our problems where gone.

Unfortunatly foxpro doesn't tell You the name of the table, so we wrote a
function to open tables wrapping the USE statement.

--
Sleeples in Berlin
W. Schwenkner

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 error 15 not a table/dbf
If you want, you can write yourself something like this:

1. You need to know the structure of the corrupted table and with this
structure do
CREATE TABLE Good (...)

2. Insert blank records, while the size (function FSIZE or ADIR or such
something, I'm not sure) Good.DBF is lower than the size of Bad.DBF
DO WHILE ....
    INSERT BLANK
ENDDO

3. From the table Good.DBF using low level functions like FOPEN, FREAD,
FWRITE, FCLOSE replace
the improper header in the table Bad.DBF. If you can't read it
documentation, see in hex editor, how many
bytes is good to replace (from beginning before the field names description)

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 error 15 not a table/dbf

Quote:

> I also looked in the fox KB but it can't help.
> Does anybody know if it is possible to fix the header error or the
> corruption of a DBF?
> thanks in advance
> Max

If you are short on time and want it fixed reliably check
out our Recover utility at http://www.abri.com

Paul Lee ........... Abri Technologies ......... http://abri.com/
      'Recover' - top rated FoxPro file repair utility.

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error 15 Not a Table -Mac/Win

2. Error 15, not a table

3. Error 15 - "Not a table"

4. Err 15 "Not a Table"

5. Error message - Not a table/DBF file

6. Need help w/ Not a Table/DBF errors

7. Not a table/DBF error over NT network

8. Error: Not a table/DBF

9. Not a Table/DBF errors

10. FPW26 error "Not a table/.DBF"

11. Error: Not a table/DBF

12. 15 Sr. Visual FoxPro Development positions